Rear end problems

DANA 70 SPOOL

This one says it will fit all 3, but it dosent specify if it requires any mods or not.
Anybody know for sure?

That is the same spool my brother installed in a customers truck. I took a few hours of machine work and you better have some good tooling due to it's hardness. You will also need to clearance the housing and there is a few other modifications you have to do to make it all work.

14 Bolt .......

l_ef47d7451d4249cf90d378215321c1bf.jpg

l_372d4ca76b4b4baabe685d5de225eb83.jpg

What about a dana 80?

I'm going with an 80 in my 2wd 1/2 ton...way cheaper than a 9" for what I wanted. I wanted full floating axles, and the heaviest stuff I could afford, so the Dana just made more sense than spending about $4K on a 9"

Chris

I'm going with an 80 in my 2wd 1/2 ton...way cheaper than a 9" for what I wanted. I wanted full floating axles, and the heaviest stuff I could afford, so the Dana just made more sense than spending about $4K on a 9"

Chris

A nice strong 9" can be built for less than half of that.
Pro Gears-400
Axles-400
Case-300
Used housing-100
Spool-150
Front bearing support-100
new bearings-100
CM yoke-100
These are aprox. numbers some a bit high, I dont think Im up to 2k yet
A person should add some strength to the housing with some steel laying around and thier fab skills, along with a nice big fill/plug at top and drain/bottom. Another 2 bucks or so.

and muscle motors (used nascar stuff) has used everything from 9". any length and spline axle you want as well as gear sets and housings for diiiirrrt cheap. and they are full floaters too.

Gary talk to Stan or Brandon at Branik Motorsports... They build and rock race on their stuff and can do axles, housings and the works... I think they will be able to help you beef up your rear!!! They built my new 300M IFS axle shafts and 300M Ford rear axle shafts in lengths that others said couldn't be done...

Branik Motorsports

Let them know how much power you are making and that you are drag racing and I'm sure they will have suggestions and they are very reasonable in pricing. Tell them that I sent you.

A nice strong 9" can be built for less than half of that.
Pro Gears-400
Axles-400
Case-300
Used housing-100
Spool-150
Front bearing support-100
new bearings-100
CM yoke-100
These are aprox. numbers some a bit high, I dont think Im up to 2k yet
A person should add some strength to the housing with some steel laying around and thier fab skills, along with a nice big fill/plug at top and drain/bottom. Another 2 bucks or so.

Just was going from what people were recommending to me becasue of the torque and weight. Seemed like too much to me, but couldn't find many alternatives.

I had the 80 sitting here
Chris

Id just tell someone to budget 2k on a 9" for thier project but Im sure for people that dont do thier own work and want to purchase something ready to bolt in you could spend 4k with no trouble. A strickly gut feeling would be to use a 9" if the race car or truck is ~5k# or less and use something odd and extremely heavy like a narrowed AA 11.5" or Dana 80 for those heavy weights out there
Ryan

Id just tell someone to budget 2k on a 9" for thier project but Im sure for people that dont do thier own work and want to purchase something ready to bolt in you could spend 4k with no trouble. A strickly gut feeling would be to use a 9" if the race car or truck is ~5k# or less and use something odd and extremely heavy like a narrowed AA 11.5" or Dana 80 for those heavy weights out there
Ryan

I'm doing everything except the cage and back half/4 link myself. I just don't trust my own fabrication enough to do those things then try to go hopefully 150mph eventually in the truck.

Maybe I'll end up changing my mind...I have time for that still on the rear!
Chris

Chris

If you need a shortened dana 80 I got one for sale! it will fit 33X16X16 perfect

Back