Redesigned!! Steed competition manifold vs Standard Steed

The other one we did would have cleared that VC, but a little less angle on yours would have worked as well. Glad you got it solved

If anyone is wanting one and depending on who contact less angle can be put on it to clear or like the one in my other thread will clear as well.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, its funny I don't see anything even close to the quality and performance of a steed unit out there. You can build somthing better? Go f'ing do it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmm, its funny I don't see anything even close to the quality and performance of a steed unit out there. You can build somthing better? Go f'ing do it!

Is this a real challenge or are you mad bro?

No challenge! Hell no! Earlier in the thread I felt there was some disrespect aimed towards steed. I was kinda calling some folks out actually......
nothing but great results from steed speed that I've seen.I think their manifolds are some of the nicest parts out there, leaf blower or not.

Could someone re-post the dyno graphs showing the comparison between manifolds. I can't seem to find it.
Thanks.
RonA

Guess I should've used the handy quote tool:D

Let me ask a related, rhetorical question.... if you block the outlet of the manifold and any combination of the other ports to actually read gauge pressure, how can you then measure scavenging? (obviously not with a leaf blower and cardboard)

I'm a good ol' boy that does make do with limited tools in my garage - however, a claim that a turbo manifold scavenges simply from a 'blow-through' test at atmospheric pressure is absurd to me, and one that I would be wary of trying to stand behind if I were making the product.

It is obvious that the new design is an improvement over the previous iteration, stretching the turns out & whatnot are always improvements in stagnation and flow losses.

There......

No challenge! Hell no! Earlier in the thread I felt there was some disrespect aimed towards steed. I was kinda calling some folks out actually......
nothing but great results from steed speed that I've seen.I think their manifolds are some of the nicest parts out there, leaf blower or not.

I wanted a challenge! :hehe: I guess I'll just finish building version 2 of my own.

You are going to love the manifold. In testing the manifold scavenges on every cylinder. In other words, exhaust coming from any of the ports will create a major vacuum in the other two adjacent passages. Velocity at the flange is very high as all of the exhaust energy is getting to the turbo. Expect very good results!

BTW, Make sure you don't over torque the head bolts. You have to let the manifold grow and shrink independent of the head. You should get the manifold coated too. I'll be happy to do that no charge if you wish.

We just did the "steed " test to a stock 12v manifold, it does the same thing as in there test . Also make's a major sucking sound.

It is a very nice looking manifold, and i would buy one for my new twins if there was any feedback from customers showing egt drops, hp gains, drop in et's, etc. It will take around 30 hours to make new plumbing for this manifold plus the cost of the manifold. If you seriously want to sell them as performance manifolds, I think you owe me information or else it goes in the file labeled "pretty stuff that doesn't work".

I am pretty sure there have been comparisons. When I seen then for the first time like last year or before I was told the did about 30 hp in the 2.6 and 3.0. Sounds a bit much but never know

I am pretty sure there have been comparisons. When I seen then for the first time like last year or before I was told the did about 30 hp in the 2.6 and 3.0. Sounds a bit much but never know

It probably helps more on a truck that is turning some serious rpm vs a street truck putsing around. Ive kinda decided to stick with my stock manifold for now, maybe later i'll get one, but dang its hard to spend 700 bucks on a manifold for MAYBE a 20hp gain and some spool. :stab:

Eh, what do i know? All ive run are stock manifolds :doh:

Ported stocker here, no complaints at all... Mainly cause i can't justify the cost..

It probably helps more on a truck that is turning some serious rpm vs a street truck putsing around. Ive kinda decided to stick with my stock manifold for now, maybe later i'll get one, but dang its hard to spend 700 bucks on a manifold for MAYBE a 20hp gain and some spool. :stab:

Eh, what do i know? All ive run are stock manifolds :doh:

I agree but in a twins set up wo good response who wouldn't want a free 20 hp. And it does not crack causing you to report and weld you waste gate back on

Back