Revemup15 aka Kyle Williams buyer beware

Seems like to me Jeremy was speaking his mind. Like him or not he's not trying to impress anybody just being honest. I believe I would be pretty pissed if I paid $1200 for a pump benched by a reputable shop only to open it up to find some b's like that. Not saying Seth isn't a good dude or does crappy work, I just wouldn't want my name on something that wasn't done to my standards.

Seems like to me Jeremy was speaking his mind. Like him or not he's not trying to impress anybody just being honest. I believe I would be pretty pissed if I paid $1200 for a pump benched by a reputable shop only to open it up to find some b's like that. Not saying Seth isn't a good dude or does crappy work, I just wouldn't want my name on something that wasn't done to my standards.
Hydroshock bought this off another member who sent this pump to seth. The way I see it is, that seth advised the kid not to use those DV's and the kid didn't want to listen and told him to fix it as cheap as possible. He was just pleasing the customer. If he says it flows evenly then what's the issue?

Last edited:
Hydroshock bought this off another member who sent this pump to seth. The way I see it is, that seth advised the kid not to use those DV's and the kid didn't want to listen and told him to fix it as cheap as possible. He was just pleasing the customer. If he says it flows evenly then what's the issue?[/QUOT

Hydroshock bought a pump that was benched and maxed out by Seth. Doesn't matter who sent it in. To me there comes a point in helping a customer out or making sure your reputation for top notch work stays in tack. All I'm saying is that if I recieved a pump with parts like that in it I would question the rest of the work also. Just my $.02.

Like Jeremy said would you be happy with a long block that was put together by XXXXX diesel only to find out the valve reliefs were cut with a grinder. Do they work? Well yea probably but that's not the point. I'm with Jeremy on this I find it funny that people accept this as being OK

I have to side with Jeremy on this as well...throwing busted azz parts in something is fine if it's your own and you're keeping it forever. But once it hits the Internet in a classified section, your name (insert shop owner here) is on when it's in someone else's possession.

So... what some are saying, is that if a customer chooses to patch equipment that belongs to them, a "real professional" repair shop will tell them to pound salt? Basically the attitude is that if it's not the correct repair practice, then the shop should just forget it, and send the customer on their way. I can see, and have seen, situations in our shop where safety is an issue. If a vehicle is not safe for the highway, we will always insist on the correct repair plan. If the customer can't see it our way, we are out.
Other than that, if a customer request a corner cut, we cut it. After all, it's their money. We'll also make sure it is noted on the repair invoice that correct procedures were recommended, but declined.
Seth did not sell this pump. He repaired it for an individual. I have no idea if Seth was aware that the pump was being repaired cheap to sell off, but we'll draw the line there too.

...a "real professional" repair shop will tell them to pound salt?...
No, only in the Salt Lake City area will you get that treatment. :D
All others may just tell you to pound sand. :hehe:

Mark.

Seth wasn't putting the pump together for the internet. He put it together for an individual after telling him it wasn't a good idea. Now if someone else here tried the same thing, and Seth told them he wouldn't do the work, they'd throw a hissy fit and complain on the forums that he has horrible customer service and refused to do the work, and then bad mouth them for the whole world to see.

And since when does anyone just buy parts supposedly built by XXX without verifying first? XXX could tell you before you bought it what was up with the part. Or the seller could just be a complete liar, and XXX never touched the part.

If you really think it's a good idea to free hand Dremel cut your dv's you're a turd and i would not buy anything from you. Seth should have balanced it with stock DV's then sent it back with the "full cut" DV's and made it know to him that it's a bad idea to run them.

I run one of Seth's 13mm pumps and I have no complaints.

I don't understand why your focus is on Seth. He did exactly what the customer wanted and the number one rule in to please the customer as best as possible. The real issue is is stated in Post# 1.

If you really think it's a good idea to free hand Dremel cut your dv's you're a turd and i would not buy anything from you. Seth should have balanced it with stock DV's then sent it back with the "full cut" DV's and made it know to him that it's a bad idea to run them.

I run one of Seth's 13mm pumps and I have no complaints.

Not sure if this is directed at me but , No I don't think it's a good idea to free hand dremel DV's haha:hehe: I simply meant from my comment that had it not flowed evenly, that I'm sure seth would have told the customer that it would not work with those full cuts and went a different route or turned down the job. I'm just going off what he said in his post that they were ugly but the shoulder was removed and they flowed evenly. I'm sure he had no idea what the customer was going to do with the pump when he got it back. I agree with headcase that the number one priority is to please the customer. If the DV used were going to be somehow detrimental to the pump Im sure he would not have proceeded with the job.

Not sure if this is directed at me but , No I don't think it's a good idea to free hand dremel DV's haha:hehe: I simply meant from my comment that had it not flowed evenly, that I'm sure seth would have told the customer that it would not work with those full cuts and went a different route or turned down the job. I'm just going off what he said in his post that they were ugly but the shoulder was removed and they flowed evenly. I'm sure he had no idea what the customer was going to do with the pump when he got it back. I agree with headcase that the number one priority is to please the customer. If the DV used were going to be somehow detrimental to the pump Im sure he would not have proceeded with the job.

Not directed at you but in general. What I would be concerned with is that if it's balanced with the hack job delivery valves then you replace them with a good set, how even and balanced will the pump fuel?

It won't be balanced, provided corrections had to be made in the first place.

I don't feel like it is a shop owners responsibility to verify the condition of a product just because their name is tied to it. Only provide the condition it was in when it left their hands.

Hypothetically anyone can take parts out of his pumps, assemble it and sell on here as maxed and balanced.

A Coors Man is a smart man. :clap: I agree.

Carry on. The OP's text messages and/or someone else's text messages would be enough to make me go shove my fist down his throat.

Is it a problem to bug someone for something they promised to do and still hadn't done? I think not. Grow the hell up.

This is why this sports gone to hell in my opinion. Let's drag Seths name through the dirt because of a crook... Seems legit. Carry on.

Ya I agree. Complete bullchit. Seth is one of the most stand up guys on this site.

So basically Seth should foot the bill because the kid didn't want to pay for legit full cuts? Nope, can't say that I agree. If that's the case, I should be able to send my unbalanced injectors to exergy and they should send them back balanced without me having to pay for the balancing so they can save some face. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm a little drunk at this point.

^^ I think being drunk is about the only way any of this makes an iota of sense.

Back