Ripped Off by Forum Member Rawdog-Tom Nicholas

as i stated that the impatience was from day one.also as i stated,money was sent before all this posted for the amount i had from the insurance.

Impatience? String me out for 2 and a half months and I am impatient? Had you done what you said from the start, this would not even be an issue.

As for sending the money already...well, I will believe it when I see it, because that has been said more than once as well.

BTW the bill is $800 to get it back to the condition it should have been in to begin with.

the buyer being an asshole or not, this thread is crap. pay that man his money you owe him.

if the turbo would have been packaged correctly, this wouldn't have been a problem. i've purchased 4 turbos in my time and they all come armored in foam and stuffing to protect them in a solid think cardboard box.

this sounds like a bad case of the shipping party throwing a turbo into a box loose, in a thin walled box and calling it good. i bet that turbo was insured for $1000 too.

refund this guy his money and do the standup thing. this is total BS and takes away the trust alot of us have for each other in the diesel world and the purchases we make.

take him to small claims bro if he doesn't refund your money; ALL OF IT! i believe the law would be on your side with this. call UPS yourself and see how much they paid out.

the buyer being an asshole or not, this thread is crap. pay that man his money you owe him.

if the turbo would have been packaged correctly, this wouldn't have been a problem. i've purchased 4 turbos in my time and they all come armored in foam and stuffing to protect them in a solid think cardboard box.

this sounds like a bad case of the shipping party throwing a turbo into a box loose, in a thin walled box and calling it good. i bet that turbo was insured for $1000 too.

refund this guy his money and do the standup thing. this is total BS and takes away the trust alot of us have for each other in the diesel world and the purchases we make.

take him to small claims bro if he doesn't refund your money; ALL OF IT! i believe the law would be on your side with this. call UPS yourself and see how much they paid out.

X2 here. Man, this is nonsense. As soon as you knew it was damaged, you should have arranged to have it returned to you and returned the money to him. Period end of story.

Put yourself in his shoes and see how patient you would have been with this situation. Stop calling him an asshole and be a stand up guy and FIX IT.

It is the SELLERS responsibility NO MATTER WHAT. He paid you $1100 for a NEW turbo and he got a box of worthless trash! FIX IT!

The way I see it. Lets say I bought a TV from Walmart, took it out of the box and found it to be damaged. Then I took it back to Walmart and asked for a refund, would they repay me only half of my money "to make it fair to everyone?" Hell no, if its damaged in shipping its 100% sellers responsibility. I would only accept a 100% refund on this one.

Well guys, I did get a money order today, for $500. It does not cover the complete repairs of this turbo, but at least it was something.

As for Mr. Nicholas, to further prove his character and intentions:
He stated here on March 2
"do i owe him the money for the repair,yes.anything else absolutely not."
"he needs to stop being a douche bag and he will have the money that i have sent on saturday. "

The money order and postdate on the envelope was March 3rd, quite coincidentally, the day after he noticed this thread. Also after I had already stated what the cost of the repairs were up to that point.

FWIW this turbo WAS NOT damaged in shipping, I have a letter from HTT stating that the damages to the turbine housing were from OVERHEATING, the damages to the Compressor housing were also evidence it was not a NEW turbo.

So now the question remains whether I pursue this in the court system for the rest of the cost of repairs as well as report his fraud to UPS or do I drop it?
I guess I have a few things to think about.

THANK YOU to everyone that read this and I hope my experience will help prevent this from happening to someone else.

take this dude through the ringer.. tell ups about the fraud.. call a lawyer and see what you can do.. but i wouldnt cash that money order yet. this jackass deserves it. i hate dishonest ppl. i just got ripped on a trans i bought... the kid i bought it from had bought it from a "friend" and was gonna try and make a lil $$. no problem with that.. so he sells me a trans that is supposed to to be a completely rebuilt trans with a BD converter and trans go shift kit.. well lemme tell ya its not.. its a stock slush box and the kid i got it from doesnt have the $$ any more cause he only made $50 after paying the kid he got the trans from. and the kid he got it from said it worked fine when it was in his truck and there was no guaruntee or warranty so he doesnt have to do anything. it wasnt even in my truck a week and went out agian. and was never right from go. so screw this dude.. take him for everything you deserve.

this turbo WAS NOT damaged in shipping, I have a letter from HTT stating that the damages to the turbine housing were from OVERHEATING, the damages to the Compressor housing were also evidence it was not a NEW turbo

Geez this sounds all too familiar, 4THEFUN sells stuff like this too, and it's amazing how they don't have the money when you find this out too...

Sorry to say but by the time you get threw with all the court crap its proably going to cost you more then just replacing the turbo.

Sorry to say but by the time you get threw with all the court crap its proably going to cost you more then just replacing the turbo.

im sure it would.. but.. if they find in twoforme2's favor then the defendant has to pay the court cost as well as the $$ that was owed to the plaintiff. so maybe that would make him think twice the next time he wants to rip someone off.

take this dude through the ringer.. tell ups about the fraud.. call a lawyer and see what you can do.. but i wouldnt cash that money order yet. this jackass deserves it. i hate dishonest ppl. i just got ripped on a trans i bought... the kid i bought it from had bought it from a "friend" and was gonna try and make a lil $$. no problem with that.. so he sells me a trans that is supposed to to be a completely rebuilt trans with a BD converter and trans go shift kit.. well lemme tell ya its not.. its a stock slush box and the kid i got it from doesnt have the $$ any more cause he only made $50 after paying the kid he got the trans from. and the kid he got it from said it worked fine when it was in his truck and there was no guaruntee or warranty so he doesnt have to do anything. it wasnt even in my truck a week and went out agian. and was never right from go. so screw this dude.. take him for everything you deserve.

dont blame the middle man...talk to the guy who originally had the transmission

dont blame the middle man...talk to the guy who originally had the transmission

i didnt blame him. ive talked to him many times about it. i know its whoever he got it from. and i cant talk to the original owner.. he wont give me his #. he told me the guy he got the trans from said it was fine when it was in his truck and there wasnt a warranty or guaruntee.. im not blaming anyone but the original owner.. he's the one that screwed me and the middle man.

i cant even remember the real name of the guy i bought it from... not gonna post his screen name cause he wasnt at fault here...

Well guys, I did get a money order today, for $500. It does not cover the complete repairs of this turbo, but at least it was something.

As for Mr. Nicholas, to further prove his character and intentions:
He stated here on March 2
"do i owe him the money for the repair,yes.anything else absolutely not."
"he needs to stop being a douche bag and he will have the money that i have sent on saturday. "

The money order and postdate on the envelope was March 3rd, quite coincidentally, the day after he noticed this thread. Also after I had already stated what the cost of the repairs were up to that point.

FWIW this turbo WAS NOT damaged in shipping, I have a letter from HTT stating that the damages to the turbine housing were from OVERHEATING, the damages to the Compressor housing were also evidence it was not a NEW turbo.

So now the question remains whether I pursue this in the court system for the rest of the cost of repairs as well as report his fraud to UPS or do I drop it?
I guess I have a few things to think about.

THANK YOU to everyone that read this and I hope my experience will help prevent this from happening to someone else.

DUDE... please post the letter on here. i want to see this! proof is in the pudding. nail it home for me.

Personally wouldn't ***** over a couple hundred bucks. You've lost to much sleep over spilled milk here.

"buyer beware" buying anything over the internet can be dangerous. No contract signed no agreements no nothing to make it hold up in court. I've gotten burned over thousands of dollars worth of crap from buying over the net. I do most of my buying hands on whenever I can if not I buy from a reputable large dealer that can handle situations like this without missing a beat.

Back