Rocky Top Diesel Shootout August 2nd!!

I had a great time. Looked like a good turn out and the weather was great. Hat's off to Ryan and crew once again.

I had a great time. Looked like a good turn out and the weather was great. Hat's off to Ryan and crew once again.

Kyle and I had a good time too!!! We think the event went pretty good and had a good spectator turnout for a first time event. It had a GREAT competitor turnout for a first time event!!!! I think we had as many or more fast trucks here at this event than any other event in the past few years. It was a good event to shoot with the drags and the pull on the same grounds!!!!

There were some small bugs that can be expected from a first time event, but overall I think the track crew, promoters (Michael, Bean and their crews) and vendors did a great job and I expect the event to grow and be even bigger and better next year!!!!

Kyle had fun drag racing his '02 Jetta for the first time too!!!

Anyone have the Pro street results in drag racing ?

Stuckey ran 5.84-5.90 all day and won the Pro Street/Heads Up class in the final against Johnny Gilbert.

Pretty sure they were also the fastest pass of the day which was another $2k, so a total of $5k in prize money and ran 5, high 5-second passes that day.

Last edited:
Stuckey ran 5.84-5.90 all day and won the Pro Street/Heads Up class in the final against Johnny Gilbert.

Pretty sure they were also the fastest pass of the day which was another $2k, so a total of $5k in prize money and ran 5, high 5-second passes that day.

Wow . Thanks for the info.

Any idea on the mph on that 5.84 pass ?

Wow . Thanks for the info.

Any idea on the mph on that 5.84 pass ?

Seems like it was 128 or something like that from memory... I haven't downloaded my pics yet to check... Needless to say it was FAST!!!!

multiple 124mph runs, I saw one 125mph run. Seth put down a 133mph pass also iirc.

Lavon

multiple 124mph runs, I saw one 125mph run. Seth put down a 133mph pass also iirc.

Lavon

Holy crap, i didn't see that. I know Stuckey was in the 124 mph range, and very consistent. He may not have got that "Fastest Pass $2k" then, not sure.

Lavon

Holy crap, i didn't see that. I know Stuckey was in the 124 mph range, and very consistent. He may not have got that "Fastest Pass $2k" then, not sure.

I thought Seth's FAST pass was high 134.XXX, it was way fast for a 6.XXX second run blowing the tires off at the start!!!

It seems as though the $2,000 was for the Quickest ET not Fastest MPH. The track announcer repeatedly said that Stuckey had it with his 5 second passes! Palmer and his crew had that truck dialed in!!!

When Seth gets some more passes on his and gets the thing to hook it is gonna be a monster with low 5 second 1/8 mile times. I hope it can get traction on the new surface at Scheid!!! Should make for some great racing. Hopefully Ashley and the Black's crew can get their issues sorted out too to get the truck to keep the chargers lit and it will be mean too!!! We could definitely see some new records come from Scheid as long as the new track surface can handle these monster machines!!!

It was definitely an awesome event for being its first year. Glad I got to see my boys from the Beans crew and it sucks that the drive shaft let loose on there truck.

It was definitely an awesome event for being its first year. Glad I got to see my boys from the Beans crew and it sucks that the drive shaft let loose on there truck.

For sure! Bean seems to tear his stuff up bad at his own events!!! At least it was only the driveshaft and such, should be an easy repair and ready for Scheid!

Back