Rollin' in the mornin'

I did 521 on dunbars with my old setup and I had a ton more fuel and a lot more air than you. But it was in 113* heat. There are so many factors that go into play with a dyno that I just stopped caring. Track times are going to be my new dyno.

yeah, even if that's corrected..... I'd still like to see him on dunbars, he would really be butthurt when he saw like 420-450ish.......I made 485 with ddp 150's and a 66 3yrs ago

You have an edge comp/smarty. There is nothing crazy about that. I have an ADR/redline unlimited stack, now that takes some dialing in. But if im not mistaking Mudn_1 switched from a drag comp to an adr and felt more power. I know that my truck, when it had 250's and a 64/74 ran a ton harder than yours did just by looking at the video

Everyone always said with this stack the smarty down low and the comp up makes the most power.
All i have to say it that is not always the case, or atleast not mine. It took ALOT of tuning and playing to find the "sweet spot".

This was the trucks first dyno (baseline runs you can say).

Im not here saying I have the bigest and badest truck out there.
I know nowdays 500 aint too big of a deal. BUT, i was surprised to see that is where I am at after just a few "bolt ons".

So, You guys are criticizing me for what reason again....?

Your torque number does seem a little high compared to the peak HP number. I don't know if it's the bad video or what but your truck is cracking and popping a little on the dyno like it has excessive timing. What smarty program did you run with the edge? It almost sounds like you ran a timing program with the smarty and timing from the Edge.

My only useful advise would be to not run the smarty on Odd numbers stacked with the Edge for daily driving.

Your torque number does seem a little high compared to the peak HP number. I don't know if it's the bad video or what but your truck is cracking and popping a little on the dyno like it has excessive timing. What smarty program did you run with the edge? It almost sounds like you ran a timing program with the smarty and timing from the Edge.

My only useful advise would be to not run the smarty on Odd numbers stacked with the Edge for daily driving.

We did that just for the dyno. Yes, it did help.
and no, I don't run the smarty timing for dd.
Thanks for the advise thou.

Tuning....

so you think tuning or lack there of, is my reason for throwing down pretty normal number with the setup I had on dunbars????:nail:

You have an edge comp/smarty. There is nothing crazy about that. I have an ADR/redline unlimited stack, now that takes some dialing in. But if im not mistaking Mudn_1 switched from a drag comp to an adr and felt more power. I know that my truck, when it had 250's and a 64/74 ran a ton harder than yours did just by looking at the video

I do have an adrenaline, but I have used many different boxes, I have it now... so It tows a drives well on the street without any electronics, and when I want to or at the track, It will run pretty good.... My box surges bad

Everyone always said with this stack the smarty down low and the comp up makes the most power.
All i have to say it that is not always the case, or atleast not mine. It took ALOT of tuning and playing to find the "sweet spot".

This was the trucks first dyno (baseline runs you can say).

Im not here saying I have the bigest and badest truck out there.
I know nowdays 500 aint too big of a deal. BUT, i was surprised to see that is where I am at after just a few "bolt ons".

So, You guys are criticizing me for what reason again....?

the smarty will hurt topend power.... did you remove the smarty at all to see if you gained more? I loose 5-10psi on the top with smarty, and a couple tenths in the 1/4....

all that I am criticizing is no one cares about what numbers someone is making unless it's a record or a hefty amount with basically nothing.... you need to spin on dunbar's with this so-called tuning and see where you are then.....that's all

so you think tuning or lack there of, is my reason for throwing down pretty normal number with the setup I had on dunbars????:nail:

I do have an adrenaline, but I have used many different boxes, I have it now... so It tows a drives well on the street without any electronics, and when I want to or at the track, It will run pretty good.... My box surges bad

the smarty will hurt topend power.... did you remove the smarty at all to see if you gained more? I loose 5-10psi on the top with smarty, and a couple tenths in the 1/4....

all that I am criticizing is no one cares about what numbers someone is making unless it's a record or a hefty amount with basically nothing.... you need to spin on dunbar's with this so-called tuning and see where you are then.....that's all

We didnt try it with no smarty, But when we have the smarty turned down, the truck didnt like it... at all.
Ill wait till spring and compare times to see what my real hp is.....
Now, for YOU not caring.... I dont give a fukk. :thankyou2:

On a serious note now,
Longhorn, how do you like your stack for dd ?
Ive thought about the adrl, but have never heard anything good about it as for a dd....

I dont DD it. When I did it was with just the adr. I loved it when my setup was small. No bucking or surging. It's all in the tuning lol. Pick the right tune and it wont buck and surge.

All this box tuning talk! geeesh you guys have nothing on my 12 valve as far as tuning! LOL :poke:

I beg to differ my friend. If you are going for big hp and fast 1/4 times, I think tuning on a vp truck takes the cake...

Big hp in a vp compared to a p-pump? I'm not to sure about that.:lolly:

I beg to differ my friend. If you are going for big hp and fast 1/4 times, I think tuning on a vp truck takes the cake...

Pretty sure these boys and that motor would disagree with you...

crookedhat2.jpg

I outran a 24 valve with an edge, 150hp injectors and a 62/65/14 turbo. And i just have a little turbo, little injectors, and a ton of pump tuning.

An all out 12 valve is the only way to go as far as times and power.

Back