SCT Livewire for 6.4L

MOMBENZ

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Hi,

We have a little bit of news about SCT programming for the Livewire.

On or about the 11th of June, they will be available for the 6.4 in two versions. One version will hold two tunes; a tow at 45hp/106 lbs. of tq and a street with 85hp/151 lbs. of tq, both to the rear wheel.

The second version will hold the two previous tunes plus an extreme tune with 120+hp/220+ lbs. of tq and includes the egt kit.

For the time being, only SCT tune files will be available with the Livewire for the 6.4 Superduty's, but they are working on implementing custom tuning.

If anyone is interested in pricing, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & have a great day,
Vivian

how safe is upping the power with the regen and all... wouldn't there be a lot of extra heat with the exhaust more "plugged" up... ? Not being negative just asking a curious question.

Thanks Vivian!

Hey Scott,

That is a very good question and the same type of questions that were asked about the 6.0L when they were first introduced. We expect your question will be answered in the next couple of days and as soon as we know, I will post.

Thanks,
Vivian

Ryan@SCT
Admin / SCT Employee

6.4 Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the previous 6.4 diesel transmission/engine files, it was a good help.

Do you have any more matching engine/transmission files that you could share, or just provide part numbers for both of them. I am trying to gather a list of engine/transmission file combinations.

Do you know is there anyway to get this information without reflashing the vehicle with an IDS?

Thanks,

Ryan

Im tryin to get more of the engine and trans files for these trucks to make sure there is complete support for all of the strategies.

Can't wait to see what these things will do once they are turned up

i don't see much smoke coming out of the 6.4's, ofcorse we could make them smoke but then the DPF's life will be very short
robert

IMO smoke is not that big of a deal. I like some smoke, but big power without the smoke is ok with me.
I sure like to flog tailgaters though LOL LOL

what about warranty and dealer tracking. Any info on this. Is the use of a tune on the 6.4 going to auto void the truck with some dealers.

hmm don't know, but they run a mid 14 with the tune, check the SCT website.

We have flashed our 6.4L over a hundred times and have not found any "flash counters" on the current 6.4L vehicles.
Our IDS is the latest and greatest version and it doesn't show anything counter wise.
This "counter" may be coming but at this point I think it is a purely a scare tactic.

If and when this issue is proven we will address it.

NOTE: We deal with this exact issue on a daily basis in our foreign markets.
At the time that someone has their warranty denied by the "counter" Sema will also become involved. I also feel that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act provides protection to the end user (however this protection would most likely have to be exercised via a lawsuit).

Thanks,

Chris Johnson
Vice-President SCT

I guess its not a big deal.

hello Chris,
First of all thanks for attending the Indiana Diesel Nationals, we are honored to have SCT's support.
DHRA has just ordered a 6.4L and I am looking for a tune that will block/eliminate the sensors so I could remove the DPF and cat. That would be worth more than any power tune, because of the mpg I would gain. Will SCT have anything that would allow me to straight pipe this new truck? Thanks!

Eric,

Chris doesn't post on here but I will send him your message and ask him to contact you directly.

DJ

Thanks DJ, I've missed you and Viv this year! When will I get to see you two?

Hey Eric,

This year has been hard. We started an oak tree farm that has us a little tied up. Also I destroyed the whole underneath of my truck; rear, transmission and bed, when I broke my pinion. Right now we going to lay back a little and do things properly.

By the end of the year we'll have Mini Me back together again and the new tubular truck should be ready too. All we need is a double stacker with a toter and we'll be in business.

We miss the races and you guys too!
Thank you,
DJ :evil

Custom tuning is expected to be available by end of year. We have new information on the Livewire for the 6.4L. I had originally posted that one version would have two tunes, when in fact, it will have three. The race version, instead of three tunes, will have four plus the egt probe.

The first ones will be shipping early next week.

Thanks,
Vivian

Back