SCT Livewire for 6.4L

Viv,
Anything in the programming addressing the defuel/limp mode when the EGT's hit 1300*?
Picked up the new 2008 yesterday.

Hi Eric,

Congratulations on your new truck! :woohoo:

I copy/pasted your question and this is the response.

There should not be a limp mode for this. Eric may be experiencing regen where the truck is trying to burn off the particulate matter. The way you will know is the idle at neutral or drive will be higher around 1100 rpm. During this time, the truck will not exceed 88mph.

Let us know if you have any other questions. It's a great way for us all to learn.

Thanks,
Vivian

Nope, haven't experienced it, just had a paper that came in the owners booklet that says the exhaust gas temperatures are monitored and if the temperatures become excessive (1300* according to dealer) then it will defuel and possibly go into limp mode.

Hi Eric,

In working with the truck, Chris did experience "limp mode" initially but now that the tune is done :ft: it has enough fuel to stay cool and not go into limp mode. :woohoo:

Thanks,
Vivian

SWEET, so the signal doesn't need fooled. I have no idea what these bad dudes run for EGT's stock. Of course if someone gets bigger injectors AND the SCT tune, they may be thinking it's the tuner, so FYI for SCT if a customer complains about that.
You are right Viv, it's a HUGE learning curve-that's what makes it fun, right?
Thanks for your patience with a PSD newbie!

An offroad exhaust is in the works. We'll be testing it on our 08 next week. :ylsuper:

Just finished installing MBRP cool duals, AFE Intake, and SCT Livewire in our 2008. Its ok just waiting for the custom programming that eliminates regen. Hopefully it will come soon. Also it will be nice when its through the whole powerband not just WOT. Only thing I hate about the livewire is it stays turned on after the trucks turned off. Pain unplugging it.

Big A said:
Only thing I hate about the livewire is it stays turned on after the trucks turned off. Pain unplugging it.

It can be turned off without unplugging.
http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9782&highlight=livewire

Rodslinger said:
Hey Waterboy - to turn the LiveWire off instead of unplugging it just push and hold the wheel in for a couple of seconds and it shuts off. You can turn it on the same way too. I don't recall them mentioning it in the manual anywhere, I happened across it online. Hope that helps with at least two of the issues. :)

Andy@SCT said:
As previously stated, all you have to do is hold the jog wheel for 3-4 seconds and that will power the device off. Then you can power it back on the same way.

I spoke with SCT about this back when Alan posted and they said the manuals had been corrected to show how to turn it off (a slight overlook). If it is still not there, please let me know so I can make them aware of it.

Thanks,
Vivian

Back