sdx comp delivery valve vs?

12vCumminsFTW

Ok I'm going to order some delivery valves soon. I'm not sure which ones I should get though. I've pretty much narrowed it down to sdx comp's or .024's(.042?). I have a billet 63/74 turbo from ED and 7x10 injectors. Also afc travel mods, no plate, rack plug, 4k springs. I want to pretty much max out this turbo and hopefully be close to 550-600 hp? I kinda want to do the comp's but I don't know if they will be to much. I don't really want smoke at WOT. I would like to be able to tow without getting too hot. Thanks for the input.

Just remember you can always back too much fuel off with the plate. You can't add fuel when your already maxed out. Get the comps and tune

What bobby said. Get the comps and put the plate back in. I have .020 dv's and 600 cc's of fuel. I use the plate and starwheel to tune it. Set the afc housing where you want it, turn the pre-boost in till it starts to move the afc foot then adjust the star wheel til its where you want it. All of this takes a matter of 5 min to adjust and you will be a lot happier with that set up than no plate at all.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

There are benefits in driveability in going to the currently available (so far as I know) smaller diameter version of the comps. I speak from first hand experience. Get the comps and you will be glad you did. You can always plate it back and use the afc to bring in the fuel how you desire.

Ok, now im not sure what to do. I was pretty much sold on comps till Smokem chimed in. But still why cant I get comps and dial it back with a plate if need be?

They are overkill for your setup, but if you want to try them, you are free to do so.

Weston I sent you a pm about some of the 7mm delivery valve you have now, but I'm sure it was one of the 500 you got yesterday. They wont be to much for my puny injectors will they LOL

I had my last pump flowed on the stand with 181's, 024's, and comps. Using 181's as a baseline, 024's flowed + 50cc at 13.8mm of rack, + 30cc at 17mm, and +60cc at 21mm. Comps flowed +110cc at 13.8, +100cc at 17mm, and +100cc at 21mm. Smoke wasn't much different between the comps and the 024's. They can be beneficial under the right circumstances, but listen to Smokem. If he doesn't think they are the right approach, pay attention or you may pay for a mistake.$.02

I had my last pump flowed on the stand with 181's, 024's, and comps. Using 181's as a baseline, 024's flowed + 50cc at 13.8mm of rack, + 30cc at 17mm, and +60cc at 21mm. Comps flowed +110cc at 13.8, +100cc at 17mm, and +100cc at 21mm. Smoke wasn't much different between the comps and the 024's. They can be beneficial under the right circumstances, but listen to Smokem. If he doesn't think they are the right approach, pay attention or you may pay for a mistake.$.02

You sir are a wise man:bow:

Back