sdx comp delivery valve vs?

7x.010's are hardly comparable to 5x.012 injectors... Just putting that out there, that may be why you dont feel like your 66 isnt doing what it should

The cross sectional area of the orifices of a 5x.012 and 7x.010 are very comparable.

The cross sectional area of the orifices of a 5x.012 and 7x.010 are very comparable.

that may be the case, but as far as power, they make almost exactly the same, i ran a set of 158* 7x.010 back to back with my 155* 5x.012 ddp injectors at pheonix this spring and there was hardly any difference, i went from 103.5mph with the 5 holers to 102mph with the 7 hole.

Interesting. Hopefully some 5x18s with the right spray pattern will wake this thing up.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Last edited:
that may be the case, but as far as power, they make almost exactly the same, i ran a set of 158* 7x.010 back to back with my 155* 5x.012 ddp injectors at pheonix this spring and there was hardly any difference, i went from 103.5mph with the 5 holers to 102mph with the 7 hole.

How were the 7x10s compared to the 5x12s as far as smoke?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Interesting. Hopefully some 5x18s with the right spray pattern will wake this thing up.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

they will but your smoke output will be even worse, dial back the DV's to some stockers for a little while and see how you like the 5x.018. then if you want more step back up

I feel like a fuel plate being reintroduced into your set up and a properly tuned afc would work wonders

This was a true test as the 7x.010's were bone stock. Most of the "other" test results you have seen posted have had the edge filters removed and needle work of some sort like added lift or added sac volume.

The set that was tested in Phoenix was identical body wise to the 5x.012's and the 7x.010's were set at 295 bar. I think the 5x.012's are probably in the mid 280 bar range but Weston might remember since I think he was the last guy to go through them.

Last edited:
This was a true test as the 7x.010's were bone stock. Most of the "other" test results you have seen posted have had the edge filters removed and needle work of some sort like added lift or added sac volume.

The set that was tested in Phoenix was identical body wise to the 5x.012's and the 7x.010's were set at 295 bar. I think the 5x.012's are probably in the mid 280 bar range but Weston might remember since I think he was the last guy to go through them.

They were set to 290, I popped them before I traded them off. Weston was the last to do any major work.

Little update, ditched the 7 holes for some 145* 5x18 sac injectors. Truck runs way better now. Idles nice, lope is pretty much gone, much smoother through the whole rpm range. Lotsa fuel now. Need more air!:ft:

Good deal.

Yea. My setup still kinda sucks though. I basically have the same mods as you, except I'm not running as high of timing,haven't racked the barrels yet, and stock cam still. But I'm nowhere near 600 hp. The fuel is there, just not the power.
I still have a small boost leak to fix, otherwise I'm at loss at to whats wrong with this thing.

I'm making 600hp with the following mods.

5x.018 injectors, 160 pump, .024 DV, racked barrels, rack plug, 26* timing, no plate, 5k gsk, helix 2 camshaft, 66-74-12 turbo, and an air dog.

Does your 66 clean that up? Whats your egts?

Yea. My setup still kinda sucks though. I basically have the same mods as you, except I'm not running as high of timing,haven't racked the barrels yet, and stock cam still. But I'm nowhere near 600 hp. The fuel is there, just not the power.
I still have a small boost leak to fix, otherwise I'm at loss at to whats wrong with this thing.

Does your 66 clean that up? Whats your egts?

It just runs alright, not quite as good as I want. 650 on fuel would be nice but my 160 pump is holding me back.

I actually could clean up that fuel better than I was expecting with the new 5x.018's. Turns out the pintle wasn't modified, just stock. So ill have even more when I can get them back.

Back