sdx comp delivery valve vs?

BTW, I am offloading a set of 7mm +130cc delivery valves to anyone interested.

Is your sig accurate??

If so, you have a chit-ton of timing, with small injectors.. but a big turbo.. the DV's (whatever they actually *are* since what you were told wasn't 100% accurate) can't be making up the difference between 5x12's and a 66/74.

You probably need some 5x16's to spool the turbo better in the cruising (low-boost) range...

I know my 5x14's run cleaner than my 5x12's on this same turbo.. they spool it better. So cruising MPG's are up.

Your 26º timing shifts the powerband up a bit in the RPM's too, so maybe you're cruising below the RPM's where it makes decent power.

Try and pop out a DV sometime and figure out what you actually have.

It isn't up to date, I have 5x.014. From lee now an 5k gov springs. I was able to get rid of A LOT of cruising smoke by going to a moderate set that are called "032" but I still have the smoke problem. It runs great right now. Did a personal best of 12.56 at 110 on nitrous. 1.96 60ft. I have to re learn this converter, I have to hit it hard to pull just a 1.86 60ft that's a 23psi launch, where I could get a 1.70 with a measly 15psi launch.

I took the aggressive SDX valves out and I know I took a small hit on horsepower, but going to a set cut by an individual who will remain nameless... I picked up almost 350 rpm idling an the throttle is CRISPY. The injection event is handled better in my opinion.

SDX on the right "032" on the left

aee881a9-b2ef-f795.jpg

^^ If those are 8mm diameter valves the dv on the right appears to be an 022 which is fairly smokey.

^^ If those are 8mm diameter valves the dv on the right appears to be an 022 which is fairly smokey.

Those are both 8mm and they are both cut... so there's no actual 022 in that picture. Just a couple of who-knows-what-cut DV's. :)

EDIT:
The one on the right is either a cut 181 or 131.
The one on the left has taller flutes, which may be a cut 131.

022's have the profile of a 024 but with a thinner shoulder.

Last edited:

These were sold as 020 to me, yes they are 8mm. They just slobber is the only way I can describe it, throttle was deadened compared to my new valves and my stock 131 valves. Lots of fuel, just not what I was looking for, for a hot daily driver.

Those are both 8mm and they are both cut... so there's no actual 022 in that picture. Just a couple of who-knows-what-cut DV's. :)

I can say they are similar ddp 024. the so called SDX valves are a mystery really cause Weston is saying an .020 was never made by SDX so.... They do have 056 and 131 stamped on the top.

I can say they are similar ddp 024. the so called SDX valves are a mystery really cause Weston is saying an .020 was never made by SDX so.... They do have 056 and 131 stamped on the top.

Mystery valves for the win! Personally I would throw them all in the trash and run 7mm pieces. I've had a few and the 7mm have always come out on top for me according with my experience with the 70cc and 130cc versions. The 70cc dropped idle a bit from N to P but the way they drove in combination with the way they fueled was worth it to me. I have a set of 100cc versions in my pump now but am still waiting on the new turbo before I can give any observation on how they run.

*Throw them in the trash is figurative*. This may not translate well on the interweb!

Last edited:

I just edited my last post, not seeing your 2 new ones. :lolly:

What are the numbers on the top of the one on the left (181)??

These were sold as 020 to me, yes they are 8mm. They just slobber is the only way I can describe it, throttle was deadened compared to my new valves and my stock 131 valves. Lots of fuel, just not what I was looking for, for a hot daily driver.

The "020" DV's are just 131's with the shoulder most-likely turned down to .020".

The other ones (I guess) are a 181, w/ shoulder turned down to .032".

Mystery valves for the win! Personally I would throw them all in the trash and run 7mm pieces. I've had a few and the 7mm have always come out on top for me according with my experience with the 70cc and 130cc versions. The 70cc dropped idle a bit from N to P but the way they drove in combination with the way they fueled was worth it to me. I have a set of 100cc versions in my pump now but am still waiting on the new turbo before I can give any observation on how they run.

*Throw them in the trash is figurative*. This may not translate well on the interweb!

Whatcha want for the 130cc valves? Do they run cleaner in the lower rpm than regular 8's?

I took the aggressive SDX valves out and I know I took a small hit on horsepower, but going to a set cut by an individual who will remain nameless... I picked up almost 350 rpm idling an the throttle is CRISPY. The injection event is handled better in my opinion.

SDX on the right "032" on the left

I think it's safe to say the "SDX" ones were probably not cut by SDX.
Whoever sold them to you, may not know and could be assuming things. ??

SDX don't turn down the thickness of the shoulder on their Comps, they turn down the diameter..

Whatcha want for the 130cc valves? Do they run cleaner in the lower rpm than regular 8's?

I sent you a pm. They are as clean as any 131 i've tried for the given amount of acceleration but fuel way way harder. I would suggest tightening the afc with them given how quick they bring the fuel in at limited rack.

What is a "regular 8"? Do you mean "stock" DV's (131 or 181)?

All P-Pump DV's (121, 131, 181, 191, 022, 024 etc..) are 8mm except 035's and those flute-less (hollow) DV's whose numbers end in 043. Both of those types are 7mm..

These new "7mm" DV's are just Bosch 035's w/ shoulders turned down to various thicknesses and diameters.

I don't see why someone doesn't just turn down a 8mm 024 to a thinner or smaller Ø shoulder.. 024's fuel as clean on bottom as any stock DV.
I have ran the 7mm 035's and I didn't like them. They were like a 024 with less power and a crappy idle.

Last edited:
These new "7mm" DV's are just Bosch 035's w/ shoulders turned down to various thicknesses and diameters.

I have ran the 7mm 035's and I didn't like them. They were like a 024 with less power and a crappy idle.

I am not 100% sure this is accurate. I have gotten all of my sets from Weston. We'll see if he decides to chime in.

What bad idle characteristics did you have again? Was it the same big drop from idle in N to idle in D?

I am not 100% sure this is accurate. I have gotten all of my sets from Weston. We'll see if he decides to chime in.

What bad idle characteristics did you have again? Was it the same big drop from idle in N to idle in D?

Yeah, I told Weston about this like 2 years ago when I ran that set of 035's I got from Hobie (Mathews8pt on other forum) which he called "024's".
Then I come to find an older thread from him (Google "035 DV's and you'll find it from like 3 years ago).

My idle in gear dropped over 250RPM. I had to set it at like 950, just to idle w/ AC on at 650-700.. lope city. Which pulled on the convertor when I put it in gear and jerked the whole vehicle and ran idle EGT's at like 450-500º in gear. Definitely not ideal for an automatic, but fine for a manual.

It happened first time I fired the truck up after putting them in over 2 years ago. It wouldn't even run. I had to raise the low-idle adjustment a ton just to get it to idle right. It always loped in gear.

It was worse when switching over to the vegetable oil tank. Then it idled at 450-500RPM in gear or 650-700 in neutral. Hazed like crazy..

With 024's, it's like stock until I gun it. Runs great on WVO. Barely hazes even after firing back up warm on WVO.

To each their own. Everyone uses their truck differently. I need fuel viscosity flexibility.

Weston is saying an .020 was never made by SDX so....

They could have been sold by SDX as something they received, but they never offered something of that nature.

There are quite a few different 7mm delivery valves. Only thing I dislike about the 024 is that it really only adds about 50cc's, a 191 adds about 60cc's.

Last edited:
There are quite a few different 7mm delivery valves.

I never said there was only one type of 7mm DV.
I said the only 7mm DV (that I know of) that looks like a 024, is a 035.
What other 7mm DV's are there that look like a 024?
You sent me a photo of the 7mm DV's you've been working with and it looked like a 035 to me.

Only thing I dislike about the 024 is that it really only adds about 50cc's, a 191 adds about 60cc's.

I also remember you telling me that in your opinion 191's are pretty aggressive DV's for most people? Which contributed to my opinion that 024's are a better choice for most people.
My own comparisons have been just as convincing.

I don't see how a 7mm 024 (035) can flow more than a 8mm DV with the same profile. In other words, you have to turn down the diameter of the (already thin) shoulder on that 035 to increase CC's like you do.
Seems like that would inevitably make some smoke that won't clear... they will not be as tunable as 024's or 035's for street use.

I have yet to see someone tune their truck w/ cut DV's so it doesn't oralle corolla's all over town... so I have a hard time accepting everyone should just toss all their DV's in the garbage and run a cut 7mm DV that idles like crap.

Last edited:
Both 7mm versions I have flowed are uncut, 70cc and 100cc gain over a 181.

Back