She's Alive!!! Thanks to all that helped.

IMAG0011.jpg

that's nice!!

And you picked the best color to top it off! Congrats man!

We used a chevy aam housing, dodge spool and gear and had Strange make the axles and brakes. Dont know how it will work, but should be strong. The axles are huge. Its pretty heavy, but I didnt wanna deal with breaking a 9" all the time. And it was cheap. We used mostly stuff we had laying around. Which was the objective when I started the build. I wanted to build it as cheap as possible. We'll see if it works friday night.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't trust a 9"

Chris

So what the verdict!!!

I know you ran it last night!!

Poke Poke!!

I'll let Ashley give his opinion.......I will say, when the turbo lights and stays lit...........it's gonna be nasty:rockwoot:

How big is the charger guys? Took the old man a solid 4500rpm to keep his 480 lit on the old 12v.

Well, we had some turbo issues. Some mismatched things got by me when I installed it. I should have checked it out closer. Last night it pushed through the brakes every time. I finally got it to slide into the lights and hold long enough to launch it. it was smooth and straight, but then fell on its face after lockup. It ran a 9.0 at 58mph(1/8th mile), lol. Converter seems tight, but I think it will work now with the right parts in the turbo. Well see tomorrow. Gotta get more brakes on the rear before TS.

Btp, I pulled the 480 off and put the 478 on and it spools crazy fast. So I dont think we'll have any trouble with the 480 now that its fixed. At least I hope so.

Back