Shock tower delete

shiftycapone

wandering the desert
For those of you that have done away with the shock tower and replaced it with a flate plate so you could use an eyelet shock mount instead of the factory stud, what shocks are you running? I know i could just take measurements and have some made to fit but I want to see if someone has found a standard size that will fit. Adjustable preferably.

why not just go with coil overs if its for wieght and adjustibility nothing better...

im actually deleting the tower today to make room for 5" down pipe from the hx50 primary im mounting over my fenderwell. and i also would like to know which shock could be used "off the shelf".

Last edited:
You could run these towers to get a eyelet type shock,or convert to a coilover as well.

Dodge Shock Tower Eyelet Conversion Bracket

The coilover shock will work well when pulling,you can dial in your rebound and compression.

Proformance Pros Online Store - AFCO Truck Pulling Shock - 9" Travel

Those are nice, but I was going to build my own from just a flat plate. Also makes room under the hood that way.

Those shocks are the chit, just dont think the wallet will allow right now. Good to know they're available though.

Another option is to look at some of the aftermarket suspension lift companies. They make mounting brackets for a 2nd shock that mounts outside of the coil spring.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, just never sat down and found shocks to work. I'm curious to see what you come up with.

I made a plate to get rid of my shock towers and use a factory replacement shock. Pretty sure the hole is 1". Unfortunately, I have a leveling kit on my truck, so getting rid of the tower essentially put the top of the shocks within a 1/2" of the factory location. If you are interested and think you can find the same style of mounting shock, I have a drawing of the plate somewhere (I've posted it on this site before). I'll dig it up tomorrow.

Monster mike makes the plates I have them on my truck I would be happy to snap some pictures and send them your way if you would like. I'm running afco shocks

Monster mike makes the plates I have them on my truck I would be happy to snap some pictures and send them your way if you would like. I'm running afco shocks

I can make the plates no problem, but a p/n for them there shocks would be nice!

shifty... i did some magazine research, and found a pic of a 01 with a delete plate and he used a shock form NAPA. i called my napa guy and he wanted measurements BUT i got to thinkin minus the tower and sinkin the shock i came up with 7 3/4" shorter overall........SO, im going to check in the morning about a 2WD 3/4 ton dodge shock and see hat i come up with. i'll let you know.

Sure thing ill grab a p/n in the morning
Sooooo... bout that p/n?
shifty... i did some magazine research, and found a pic of a 01 with a delete plate and he used a shock form NAPA. i called my napa guy and he wanted measurements BUT i got to thinkin minus the tower and sinkin the shock i came up with 7 3/4" shorter overall........SO, im going to check in the morning about a 2WD 3/4 ton dodge shock and see hat i come up with. i'll let you know.

Sounds good man

Back