Sidewinder Type D Update thread.

PeterT

This morning in Las Vegas the Sidewinder Type-D went 8.41 sec @ 158 MPH in its first pass. There should be more to come!

Peter Treydte
Banks Power

Sidewinder Type-D, 8.30 @ 161 MPH

In its 5th run ever, the Sidewinder Type-D laid down a pass of 8.30 sec @ 161 MPH!

Peter Treydte
Banks Power

I want to make it clear, no flames or anything of that sort intended. I'm just curious what the plan is to make it run the Index. Cuz you guys are running very well; much, much faster than the index. Good luck out there!

Dustin

Dustin_Bentz said:
I want to make it clear, no flames or anything of that sort intended. I'm just curious what the plan is to make it run the Index. Cuz you guys are running very well; much, much faster than the index. Good luck out there!

Dustin

Electronics I'm sure. That's the way most do it.

imelmo said:
Electronics I'm sure. That's the way most do it.

Ha Ha, yes I understand everyone in the Super classes uses electronics, but it's typically on a carbureted (sp?) big block. Just wondering if they are going to be using a throttle stop, delay box, things of that nature...

Lol, sorry, didn't notice who I was replying to. :D

Dustin_Bentz said:

Dustin

Brakes.... LOL

The mph would be about perfect for an 8.90 index. With the limited number of passes, I would be very surprised if they can get a throttle stop or any other electronic device set in time. Of course I don't even know what class they are planning on running in. Anyone heard? This is going to be very interesting!

Paul

It just ran an 8.22 @ 164mph. Quickest, but not the fastest. Dr.P went 169mph earlier.

From what I've seen on NHRA.com, Banks was registered to run in Super Gas, which is a 9.90 index. However, because of the altitude, I'm not sure if they've corrected the index or not...We'll see. I guess, in theory, if they could get the turbos lit quickly, which sounds like they can, they could just hopefully hit the tree hard and back into 'em on the top...Who knows...

Sidewinder Type-D, 8.22 @ 164 MPH

In its last pass of the day, the Sidewinder Type-D ran 8.22 sec @ 164 MPH, no smoke running pump #2 ULSD and nitrous. That makes it the Quickest Diesel Pickup Truck.

I am sure there will be more to report tomorrow.

Peter Treydte
Banks Power

Back