Silverbullet Dmax goes 11's #2 only

Bobo

The LB7 truck I have been tuning with a Silverbullet Turbo and stock single CP3/sticks ran a 11.87 at 112.23 today at Byron Dragway in IL. I used EFI Live to tune it. It is a RC LB 03 Duramax. He has a Alienator Trans built by JakeGMCHD with ATS clutches/co-pilot and a 5 star converter, lift pumps, cal tracs, and the bad a$$ Silverbullet turbo...everything else is stock! He backed it up with an 11.92. :ylsuper:

He is not a member here yet. I was so damn excited when I found out, I had to let you know! Here is the timeslip:

Attachments

• kyle11.874small.jpg
    kyle11.874small.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 71
Bobo,

What does that truck weigh? 2-wheel drive or 4X4? The MPH seems a little low for a 11.87. Keep up the good work!!!!

Last edited:
The truck was not weighed in that configuration. It is an 03 reg cab long box running on bald 285/75/16 BFG AT's on PYO rims. They yanked the tailgate and a battery. I don't think he has the spare tire on it, but I'll ask him. It had all the seats, dash, radio, trim and the pulling hitch on it. He has a roll pan instead of the factory bumper. It is a daily driver truck and is not striped down in a way, shape, or form.

The truck was not shifting very well. It shifted perfect when I had the truck for tuning. I gave it to him and he broke the MAP sensor when installing the co pilot. He fixed the MAP and the truck wasn't shifting so hot. He had to get out of the throttle a little to get it to go into 5th gear. I hope to be around the truck the next time it runs so we can get the shifts ironed out.

Congrats :woohoo:
post-81411-1129788604.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
would that be around the 6000lbs then, any ways that is fast.... no bashing here but i know my nitrous pass was bad shifting, but this had to be real bad to grab that mph or am i reading that wrong

Last edited:
Fred, can you post you're time sheet? I'd like to see where the difference lay.

I run 11.8/9's at 113mph and 12.00's at 111. But I'm a crew cab so might be off. The truck shifts great on these passes. Low 1.7 60' times and 7.59-7.62 1/8 mile times.

Thought I'd post for comparison

The NLDP truck is 5950# and it is stripped with a roll cage.....I don't think this truck is that light, but we'll weigh it and see.

Dan@PPE said:
Bobo,

What does that truck weigh? 2-wheel drive or 4X4? The MPH seems a little low for a 11.87. Keep up the good work!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. It's either a light truck or it had a 1.5 sixty foot or the lights got smoked.

Last edited:
I bet its the 5th gear issue. I had the same overdrive problem with about the same setup (reg cab, long bed, 6000lbs) and ran 12.04@96.

Edit: Congrats!!!

brandon.

My 11 second runs with 7.6x 1/8th mile incrementals has me trapping at 115. Of course I don't 60' as strong so I make it up on the big end.

Bobo said:
The NLDP truck is 5950# and it is stripped with a roll cage.....I don't think this truck is that light, but we'll weigh it and see.
What classifies our truck being stripped?Only differnece here is stock seats missing ,Cage added,fuel tank missing 10 gal cell.NLDP

NLDP said:
What classifies our truck being stripped?Only differnece here is stock seats missing ,Cage added,fuel tank missing 10 gal cell.NLDP

That is stripped to me!

Funny how the dmax guy become non believers so quick. Guess you should quit sticking with the same old, same old and try something different.

2 Bobo tuned stock cp3/injector Dmaxes in the 11's on #2 only. One LLY and one LB7. Coincidence?

:rockwoot: :Cheer:

Tomac...I'd write you a good tune, but you don't have enough money to buy it!

Bobo said:
That is stripped to me!

Funny how the dmax guy become non believers so quick. Guess you should quit sticking with the same old, same old and try something different.

2 Bobo tuned stock cp3/injector Dmaxes in the 11's on #2 only. One LLY and one LB7. Coincidence?

:rockwoot: :Cheer:

Tomac...I'd write you a good tune, but you don't have enough money to buy it!

ARE WE SELLING HERE OR TAUNTING ????? LETS KEEP IT REAL !

Back