Single CP3 Shootout, whos gona make it?

you don't. you establish flow at PSI (HP) and forget about the injector. The only thing the injector data would provide is a go/no go for an individual setup.

To explain, Think of it as testing whether a pump could flow enough fuel for XX injector on 100% duty cycle. Ofcourse it would never happen, but if you KNOW your pump can maintain XX,000 psi at XXXlph on 100% then you can spec out a pump that will fit your needs AND have a small reserve capacity.

Also, for the pump builders, why would Volumetric efficiency affect what we as end users want to know? Are you considering this because of the RPM band, as I know efficiency is directly affected by rpm. In addition, how does VE affect a pump that is seeing pressure at the inlet? VE should be nearly 100% in this case?

Still learning. I don't have a direct line to the naaaaawllij.

If each plunger is not filled with fuel, the crank has to turn further to do the same work with a lower delivery rate to the rail. It is running at reduced capacity, the equivelant of actually turning at a slower speed.

The higher the VE, the less the crank has to turn to start sending high pressure fuel to the rail. The higher the VE, the lower the time between pumping pulses, that are transmitted to the rail and injectors. This also translates to to steadier and more consistent pressure. This makes for a faster pressure rise, as their is reduced time from the overlap of the delivery from the plungers.

A pump with a lower VE, would actually consume the fuel before another plunger could deliver, stock CP3/ big injector scenario. Then the rail pressure keeps dropping, because the pump has so much delay between the pumping pulses.

I have not been on here much lately. I have had some things that have been said on this thread brought to my attention. The little birdie that thinks they know the story should get their facts straight. We have been making big CP3 pumps for quite some time. We were contacted by a company that makes parts. They are a jobs shop. They asked if we were interested in doing some business with them. They flew out to Utah to talk to us about parts that we were already making or having made by vendors close to us. Yes as we talked with them they told us that they had made some parts for John. I told them that I was not interested in what John was having them make. We talked about price in making our parts that we had been using and testing. They told me that what we would have them make for us would stay confidential. They aslo told me that what they do for John would also be held confidential as well. I told them that is the only way to be. So yes we use a vendor that John uses as well. We are hopeful that our parts and business that we do with them is also held confidential. They are a very good vendor and the prices are very good. That is why we changed our supplier to them and are having them make many parts for us. Brady

Last edited:
Hello all.

I am the proverbial "middle man" in some of this bullsh!t. I own the job shop that builds parts for 2 of the pump builders.

I have visited both builders at their shops and discussed their specifications for the parts wanted and proceeded to earn a living.

Let it be known that EVERYONE asks for specs on the others' product in almost every transaction that takes place in my establishment. It's almost comical, but none the less, things are kept secret. There has never been a leak of information about one or anothers specs, nor will there be.

Anyone can buy a couple of different pumps from competing companies and disassemble them. Then you would see, different parts go into each, besides, I win twice on that deal.:rockwoot:

Agian, I make their parts. I take pride in the fact that I am one of the only shops around that can make what I do, with the precision and consistency required.

We were contacted by a company that makes parts. They are a jobs shop. They asked if we were interested in doing some business with them. They flew out to Utah to talk to us about parts that we were already making or having made by vendors close to us.

So that i know who is lying..... they contacted you or you contacted them?

John

Hello all.

I am the proverbial "middle man" in some of this bullsh!t. I own the job shop that builds parts for 2 of the pump builders.

I have visited both builders at their shops and discussed their specifications for the parts wanted and proceeded to earn a living.

Let it be known that EVERYONE asks for specs on the others' product in almost every transaction that takes place in my establishment. It's almost comical, but none the less, things are kept secret. There has never been a leak of information about one or anothers specs, nor will there be.

Anyone can buy a couple of different pumps from competing companies and disassemble them. Then you would see, different parts go into each, besides, I win twice on that deal.:rockwoot:

Agian, I make their parts. I take pride in the fact that I am one of the only shops around that can make what I do, with the precision and consistency required.

The only thing that matters to me at this point is who is lying, who contacted who.

John

Hello all.

Is the machinist..................... SHANE?

LOL just joking!!!!!!!!!!

John-- hope you get the truth
ps- cp3 on it way Joel

A new drama appearing on CompD, "As the shaft turns". Already nominated for 3 Golden Lobe awards.

Check your local listings for times and dates.

Sorry had to:doh:

Back