SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

not to sure what thats supposed to mean..how many guys are looking to be what you call OUT IN FRONT...what a 230hp DL isnt enough..

230hp on what? My truck? Your truck? Every setup is different and requires different tuning to get the max power out of the specific setup. Sure an out of the box program will get you close but that's all it will be...close.

close to what:nail:...im not trying to break any records at all..just wanted a truck that i could drive daily, and bring to the track and be competitive....and yes this is with my truck...700hp and in the 11's is more then i ever dreamed of having..heck when i started this all,all i wanted is to beat my old times of my mustang of 13.8 lol.....im using tnt-r.

While you might have what you want now, custom tuning would just make it that much more reliable, smoother, efficient, stronger, and cleaner. Why do you think the dmax guys run so clean or why hot rod gassers go to have their rides custom tuned? To make everything work in sync and work better to enhance driveability and power.

Some of us are past the point of using our trucks for daily driving, we need the capability the run the engines to 5000 or 6000 rpm with out spending 20k or switching to a mechanical fuel system.

custome tunes would be great, im all for it..its just he said that marco had a conspiracy,which i find retarded...

Never meant Marco had a conspiracy, meant it was a conspiracy in general that we can't do it but PS and Dmax can. Besides it was a joke anyways but I'll be sure to put little laughy faces next time so everyone gets it.

Ok it might not be a conspiracy but if marco has the software to tune with he can surely put more options into a tuning box and offer it for a price. Maybe Bob will show up here soon with some info on the Super Revo that's been talked about.

what about EFI.. i would think they might be closer to crackin our ECM

Um, Marco has already cracked the ECM and can obviously due some custom tuning with it. What we are getting at is why hasn't he released that ability to us. Hopefully EFI live will come through and give the CR guys what they really need.

well they didnt do really anything impressive with highrpm's truck...not like efi with d-max's.........YET

Um, Marco has already cracked the ECM and can obviously due some custom tuning with it. What we are getting at is why hasn't he released that ability to us. Hopefully EFI live will come through and give the CR guys what they really need.

Marco worked the maps on the tune for my truck for 8 hours and my truck was maxed. THere is no way a guy with EFI live would have gotten more out of my truck.

My point exactly. Marco worked on yours and squeezed every last drop out of your truck that he could. But that tune only works for your truck. That tune probably wouldn't work so well in thebignasty's or mulisha's truck. Hence the custom tuning that is needed. They need it to squeeze every last drop of power out of their trucks as well. Every truck is different, every engine is different, every injector, every ecm, every everything is different between trucks. That's why yall need custom tuning. And that's what we've been getting at. Marco has obviously cracked the code and knows how to tune it so why hasn't he gone and given that ability to everyone else. To keep a strangle hold on the market, afraid of reprucussions from people blowing their engines up? Who knows. Point is is that custom tuning is needed for the CR's in order to extract every last bit of power, performance, and reliability out of them. An off the shelf tuner isn't going to allow that. The smarty is great, no doubt about that, but as with all great things there is always room for improvement and the next stage is fully custom tuning.

Very well put....maybe the super revo will allow some of you guys to do just that, a little custom tuning...

The big dogs will need more than a little custom tuning. The TNT-R is what most would call a little custom tuning. They need full scale custom tuning. Even the little guys would benefit from it.

The big dogs will need more than a little custom tuning. The TNT-R is what most would call a little custom tuning. They need full scale custom tuning. Even the little guys would benefit from it.

The market for the "big dogs" is small. A tuner like the Smarty is perect for 98% of the modded trucks out there.

I'm counting big dogs as 600+. That's a big market in the CR world. I'm just a loley ol' VP guy so 600 is a big number. LOL

what makes a big dog?

I would say any engine in the 03-06 yr that can pump out the power that we have seen to date is pretty set with the programmers available. We know the combo's that will make a set amount of power and torque. It is the others who have went beyond this and have modded their engine to push the bar north.
I have used the past 16 months to daily drive, and test. I'm fully aware of what electronic combos work best on my truck, with my air and fuel. I also know that with some altered tuning I could do better. The fact is most have limiting factors preventing more power..hard parts and others have went over bored with those hard parts.
EFI is 12-16 months out, and at that the learning process for the public will begin.
Smarty may have some more options with the mapping and other things, however I just think the injection system can only handle so much. You may find 50-60 hp with timing and pulse width but 100-200 would be surprising.

I'm all for 50-60hp but that's WOT power.

I'm looking for better drive ability. If I can make a custom tune that can get a 71mm charger spinning with out a puff, ohhh wow, the need to spend $1000's on twins is negated, lets drop a little more into fuel instead and spend some cash on the dyno working it in.

All my programs that I would write/modify would be released for others to work on, and I would expect the opposite. None of the secrecy crap. open things up so the entire CR population can collectively collaborate and we'll get things tuned quickly and with minimal carnage.

50-60hp is quite a decent amount of power still on the table. Let's also not forget being able to possibly make a broader power curve or say crank up the RPM's to 4000+. Reliability could go up as well. Being able to make all cylinders burn more evenly could possibly reduce the risk of a melt down (this would could be attributed to tolerances in injectors and solenoids). You could make the truck burn cleaner and stronger, tow better, maybe get rid of the surging that some folks have a cruising speeds, be able to turn the pressure down on the injector while still making the same power which would save injectors from cracking, the possibility's are endless.

And my statement on the big dogs may have been a little broad. Everyone with a CR that uses their truck for multipurpose use could benefit from this. All the way from a guy with 400hp up to the guy with 1000hp.

Yes there will be blown engines and problems associated with this kind of software but it's to be expected. The dmax guys had to go through it. Maybe they could help give us newbies some baselines to start with that work for them (far fethched idea but you get the drift) that would help prevent us from blowing our engines up.

All I'm saying is that while the smarty is a great tool it is just a general tool. Think of it as a crescent wrench, not exactly the best tool for the job but it gets the job done. Crappy analogy but it's all I could come up with.

Back