Steam-O-Rama April 30th

Nice turnout of trucks.
Too bad the sled was a POS and had its issues.Glad it didn't slow the show down too much.

Newswangers truck definitely had the pull of the show and quieted the Carson Stauffer camp.
Kudos to the gentleman who pulled in the big class with his daily driven 06 CR and held his own with the trailered,purpose built trucks.I also was amazed at the "Wound For Sound" truck as it kinda looked like Brandon Bowersox's old "G-Thang" truck with new paint.Nice to see a couple of CR rides in the modified street class pull with big singles and big fuel and no smoke(hmmm,kinda looked like a few were already running the new SSR's).
I am also still trying to figure out how a "stock' class of trucks smoke more than the modified trucks and when did the D-Maxes get shipped from the factory with their noses scraping the ground in the stock class.

It was a nice day to sit and enjoy a great showing of trucks and see the friends you do not get to see during the winter months.The Steam-O-Rama crew did a nice job getting the show done in a timely fashion.

Yep it was a great time sure wish I could have got some traction instead of spining the whole time, oh well theres always next time and airing down the tires, sucks being a rookie

Nice turnout of trucks.
Too bad the sled was a POS and had its issues.Glad it didn't slow the show down too much.

Newswangers truck definitely had the pull of the show and quieted the Carson Stauffer camp.
Kudos to the gentleman who pulled in the big class with his daily driven 06 CR and held his own with the trailered,purpose built trucks.I also was amazed at the "Wound For Sound" truck as it kinda looked like Brandon Bowersox's old "G-Thang" truck with new paint.Nice to see a couple of CR rides in the modified street class pull with big singles and big fuel and no smoke(hmmm,kinda looked like a few were already running the new SSR's).
I am also still trying to figure out how a "stock' class of trucks smoke more than the modified trucks and when did the D-Maxes get shipped from the factory with their noses scraping the ground in the stock class.

It was a nice day to sit and enjoy a great showing of trucks and see the friends you do not get to see during the winter months.The Steam-O-Rama crew did a nice job getting the show done in a timely fashion.

its called a stock turbo and the other things are torsion bars, ya pull the bolts and boom bumper on the ground....also dosent help that the rear is lifted 2in.

hmm nothing says you cant lower the front of your dodge or ford if you think it gives you and advantage. the chevys just lower it to keep the cv shaft angles safe something you dont have on your solid axles.

Had a good time yesterday. I have video of the entire event, but doubt it will be edited anytime soon, when it is I will link it here.

As for the "smoke" comment, stock turbo and a programmer/injectors will do that. It is their choice if they want to bump and clear their fuel with a larger charger. The CR that cleared his smoke is a twins truck, hints why he ran in the open class.

Now for the shameless plug...

Gearhead Productions LLC was glad to make this their first official taped hook for the 2011 pulling season. Complete video's will be available at a later date, PM me for how to order.

I thought it was a great show this year, gained a lot more trucks, and from where I was sitting it did look like the track was hooking a bit harder than it did last year. Looking forward to the next steam hook!

The CR that cleared his smoke is a twins truck, hints why he ran in the open class.

I wasn't talking about the Silver Rectangle stacked truck that ran with the "Open" trucks...

I was talking about the two CR Trucks that pulled with the modified street class.Both of those trucks had little smoke at the start and had little or none during the pull.

As for the "smoke" comment, stock turbo and a programmer/injectors will do that. It is their choice if they want to bump and clear their fuel with a larger charger.

Then correct me here if I say something out of turn....
Here it is right from their own rules.....

5. Computer chips and reprogramming are NOT allowed.

Makes a guy wonder how a street legal diesel can smoke more than the mod trucks.Thats all I am saying.

As for the whining D-Max owner with a pocket full of excuses as to why his truck was nose scraping and the others were not......Answer this for me,why did that one D-Max have to drop his nose and the others who pulled in the same class NOT have to do it?.

IMO..Stock means just that..stock,as driven on the street.level playing field.....Sorry.

I wasn't talking about the Silver Rectangle stacked truck that ran with the "Open" trucks...

I was talking about the two CR Trucks that pulled with the modified street class.Both of those trucks had little smoke at the start and had little or none during the pull.

Then correct me here if I say something out of turn....
Here it is right from their own rules.....

Makes a guy wonder how a street legal diesel can smoke more than the mod trucks.Thats all I am saying.

As for the whining D-Max owner with a pocket full of excuses as to why his truck was nose scraping and the others were not......Answer this for me,why did that one D-Max have to drop his nose and the others who pulled in the same class NOT have to do it?.

IMO..Stock means just that..stock,as driven on the street.level playing field.....Sorry.

what exscuses, i told you y mine was down and anyone else with a dmax and half a brain does the same thing to not break parts.........and where did you dig up the no programing rule i cant find it

ok i made the defendign comment to the d maxes and i own a dodge so you stand corrected. also it is known for some of them to actually put a lift on the front then drop it back down so it looks stock but the cv angles are still straight. like it was mentioned if you feel its an advantage lower the front of your truck

Drew Bolen won stock diesel, with Curtis Reed in 2nd. Hodecker won Mod, with Nick Borga in 2nd. Outlaw was won by 700rmk- sorry dont know his name.
-Steven

Back