Sturgis,KY

Billy got more then a headgasket he pushed some freeze plugs out too. He may have got his turbo, it was water cooled too, he know more when Shane tears it apart.

Billy got more then a headgasket he pushed some freeze plugs out too. He may have got his turbo, it was water cooled too, he know more when Shane tears it apart.

That sucks. I'd rather finish 5th and be able to drive it back on the trailer than win and tear a bunch of chit up. He had her wound up thats for sure!

I went past 10ft I was happy, was a good test, learned it has way to much fuel for the 2.5 charger i ran last night

25793_608484715173_58208478_34668199_2079061_n.jpg

25793_608484720163_58208478_34668200_740232_n.jpg

video coming later

Turbocharger- Vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger. The inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.6 inches. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug or internal calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo will not be allowed. MWE groove will have a width no greater 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines with factory twin-turbo configuration will be allowed in this class.

Can someone explain to where it says the wheel of the turbo my purture into the inducer? The tech guy calls a 2.6 cover a "bushing", even though it is not removable. There is no bushing about it. It has passed everyone elses tech except for this one. After I had him read the rule to me he could not back up his decision exept for he says "he" calls it a bushing. I asked just to let me pull at the end of the 2.6 class for exhibition, no money or nothin, and he said no. Is there something in these rules that im missing? So we had to wait and extra 2 hrs just to watch our temporary clutch go bye bye. So we got home at 6 am this morning.

Last edited:
Turbocharger- Vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger. The inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.6 inches. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug or internal calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo will not be allowed. MWE groove will have a width no greater 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines with factory twin-turbo configuration will be allowed in this class.

Can someone explain to where it says the wheel of the turbo my purture into the inducer? The tech guy calls a 2.6 cover a "bushing", even though it is not removable. There is no bushing about it. It has passed everyone elses tech except for this one. After I had him read the rule to me he could not back up his decision exept for he says "he" calls it a bushing. I asked just to let me pull at the end of the 2.6 class for exhibition, no money or nothin, and he said no. Is there something in these rules that im missing? So we had to wait and extra 2 hrs just to watch our temporary clutch go bye bye. So we got home at 6 am this morning.

It doesn't say how they will measure it, the internal calipers is a way they can get that. It is a gray area for sure. They really should just turn the 2.6 class rules and make them protrude. Any time I see internal calipers, I specifically ask how they are measuring it.

well the truck who won, was the tech guys customers truck go figure!

Im not sure why Shane decide what he did. But im running the same kinda of turbo Ben ran last year on my dodge when its done.

As for Billy truck he spent some dollars last nite even though he won. Billy truck is a true DD he drive it to Toyota in Princeton In every day. So he'll be finding a way to work in the morning guys.

Well its all comming together now, if the tech guy has one of a truck he built there that is running no wonder he wants to make up his own rules. What shop does he own? I think im gonna send him some pictures of a bushing and a cover and see if he can see a difference. Jordan ur turbo wouldnt have passed either then. Cuz Ben just had a 2.6 plug welded in 3.0 charger, so the wheel wouldnt have purtrued in to the inducer.

he owns in operates Shane Robinson Diesel Performance in hampton ky. I wish you guys could have hooked 2.6 I talked to him on the phone about Barry Dmax that why he came up with a open class cause Barry was a 2.8 I was hoping to see how your truck done with the standalone as im looking to put one on my truck. Hope you get a better clutch in the bugs work out before TS. Also i hear you got one of my friends phone number from down here, she talked about you guys all nite in today.

Did anyone get vids of the open class ? We blew a Boost tube off. That kinda sucks after a 2 hr. drive.

If I make it, I'm going to be a spectator! My chebbie wont make it up

Well its all comming together now, if the tech guy has one of a truck he built there that is running no wonder he wants to make up his own rules. What shop does he own? I think im gonna send him some pictures of a bushing and a cover and see if he can see a difference. Jordan ur turbo wouldnt have passed either then. Cuz Ben just had a 2.6 plug welded in 3.0 charger, so the wheel wouldnt have purtrued in to the inducer.

Yeah a lil fishy when a locally built truck shows up late to the pull then gets to pull last because of it...:poke: I agree with you on ur charger tho looked legit to me and it's the same style I run glad I ended up not getting my truck going woukd have been a wasted trip since I wouldn't have been able to wait around for the open class!!

Hey you guys are talkin about wasting a 2 hour trip, our trip is 4 hrs! So i really didnt have time to wait around either but if you drive as far as we did we might as well pull.
And yes my buddy got some girls # and he told me it was one of your friends, we like to party! Shes pretty hot too! :rockwoot:
Thanks for the info, im gonna be sending Shane some info on turbos, like the difference in a cover and a bushing. Well im done pissing moaning guys sorry you guys had to hear me cry but i really dont think i got treated fairly and im usually not one to sturr up alot of stuff.

Last edited:
Hey you guys are talkin about wasting a 2 hour trip, our trip is 4 hrs! So i really didnt have time to wait around either but if you drive as far as we did we might as well pull.
And yes my buddy got some girls # and he told me it was one of your friends, we like to party! Shes pretty hot too! :rockwoot:
Thanks for the info, im gonna be sending Shane some info on turbos, like the difference in a cover and a bushing. Well im done pissing moaning guys sorry you guys had to hear me cry but i really dont think i got treated fairly and im usually not one to sturr up alot of stuff.

What was that screaching noise coming from your truck when you were idleing and backing up to the sled?

Ya i think it was something rubbing on the bell housing. It might have been the junk clutch we ran. All i know is that it wasnt makin the noise we we got done. We put on a good fireworks show w/ that clutch slippin the whole way down though.

**** hope it wasn't my girlfriend haha

Did anyone get vids of the open class ? We blew a Boost tube off. That kinda sucks after a 2 hr. drive.

I didn't stay that long, I was looking forward to you guys running but it just got to late for us.

Back