Sub woofers and Boxes

Richard (UNBROKEN) had a pretty slick setup IMO

well well well .........Ill run ya some tunes ! Twin 10.1 infinity subs with a Subthump downfiring box under the rear seat ! Powered by a Alpine M-605 digital amp . I can move hair just not mine!........LOL ..............LOL

Last edited:
LOL...thats Funny..

I also am running basicly the Same set-up Infinity 10.1's with a down firing box ...I like the way it sounds..

What are you guys doing in the 06 QC, I have seen the mtx and probox for subs. I have the mtx in the GMC, it`s so so , could be alot better.

I also heard there is a problem removing the stock radio, Is there a fix for that?

wayne

I did an 04 with a atrend enclosure and 2 real nice tens but it was real tough getting those massive tens in the box! I didn't have a problem taking that radio out but i'm unsure about the 06!

what are ya trying to do , get aftermarket HU in a 06 ?

I was thinking pioneer H/U and replace all door speakers. I was wondering what has been done w/ under backseat subs, not alot of room there. I would like to keep the backseat.

Djracer, do you have a link for that enclosure?

There seems to be electronics that have nothing to do w/ the radio, that are connected to the radio. I was hoping someone might know of an adapter to change out the factory radio.

wayne

Djracer said:
What kind of buggy you got I've been in the business for 20yrs!
Sorry, missed the reply.

03 Dodge QC. I'm keeping the factory head unit. I've had my crap jacked too many times with aftermarket theft magnets. Eventually I want to replace all the speakers in the "Infinity" system with aftermarkets and power them with new amp(s).

My main goal now is to get a sub for more kick. Preferably a sealed box, I like em to hit tight.

Under the rear seats is ok if I can keep the load floors, but every now and then it gets hot enough I have to bring my dogs in for the AC, usually they're in the bed(I have a cap). I dont think I can have my cake and eat it too with that one. :ugh:

I was looking at a lower console replacement... any ideas.

If by load floors you are talking about the compartments under the seat then the answer is no! That's the only place to put a sub period! I have done two of the trucks with 2 10's under the seat! I used a Probox in 1 and an Atrend box in the other! They both did a good job! Amps have to go under the front seats so you have to be careful which amps you choose. I used 2 Rockford amps in the last one and they would only slide in from the side.

Kevin

I've got a 12" sub in a downfire box between the front seats. Pulled the center seat and attached the box to the seat brackets.

We fiberglassed a box for a 10" L5 Kicker under the pass. side back seat of a QC and it sounded awesome and saved space. I will look for some pics

Two Kicker L7 DVC 12" subs with an Alpine headunit powered by an Alpine 70x4 amp on Alpine component mids-highs and a Rockford Fosgate 1000bd amp on the subs. I also am running an AudioControl EQX and Epicenter and my system is the best I have ever heard........sorry if it seems I am bragging....I spent a ton of money on this set-up and the cab full of dynamat!!!!

I am sound-proofing my truck today (started last night) should have interior back in later

6owed said:
I am sound-proofing my truck today (started last night) should have interior back in later

I used Dynomat.....expensive as hell but it works. The claim that it doubles your sound might be a little overkill, but it does help.

How did it go with you? Any sound improvement???

I havn't had a chance to build my box for my subs yet but I have very little road noise if any. I can hear a whisper in my truck at 85mph. My headliner seems off a lil though, I just can't put my finger on whats no right

Back