Sub woofers and Boxes

Slaughterhouse said:
Two Kicker L7 DVC 12" subs with an Alpine headunit powered by an Alpine 70x4 amp on Alpine component mids-highs and a Rockford Fosgate 1000bd amp on the subs. I also am running an AudioControl EQX and Epicenter and my system is the best I have ever heard........sorry if it seems I am bragging....I spent a ton of money on this set-up and the cab full of dynamat!!!!

You got any pics of that system?

Here's a little of mine.

Stripped down.

IMG_1568.JPG

Starting the matting (1st pic is a friend laying it down). 2 layers of mat (3 on the trans tunnel) and 1 layer of closed foam, but after the second layer we were getting a little sloshy and i forgout about the camera. wish I had pics of the end with it foamed.

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

We did a little more touching up then a full layer of foam.. no pics tho... :doh:

Head unit

DVDHU2.jpg

Front 5.25" kickers (don't have pics of the 6.5" MBQ's in the doors or the 6x8 MBQ's in the back pillars). Components have 95 watts to each.

MB2.JPG

Three JL 10w6's behind the rear seat. 600 watts to each. :rockwoot:

Subs2.jpg

Subs7.jpg

One of these days I'll get pics of the amps and all under the seat. Hits really hard and sounds really good, I mean definitely the best system I've ever had. This is what I put in after pretty much all the same stuff got jacked out of it earlier this year. After the truck got broken into, I decided to mat the truck, always wanted to and then was the perfect opportunity.

I got all my matting from RAAMaudio. This stuff worked great, the guys there were EXTREMELY helpful and they seriously hooked me up. Also, check this page out page out. Lots of good info, what sold me was the temps and how a lot of the matting failed. We see hot hot temps here so I wanted some good stuff. Only dynamat I'd use is the Extreme, then that's so pricey, this stuff works as good for a lot less.

Last edited:
NIIICCE!!
I like it looks good I have 2 L7 10's I was going to use but I am leaning more to 3 Crossfire 10's especially now that I have seen your box that has a cleaner look like the space was used without over doing it.
what are your specs for the enclosure?
cube ft?
looks really good.

6owed said:
NIIICCE!!
I like it looks good I have 2 L7 10's I was going to use but I am leaning more to 3 Crossfire 10's especially now that I have seen your box that has a cleaner look like the space was used without over doing it.
what are your specs for the enclosure?
cube ft?
looks really good.

sorry, been away and had a baby..... anyways, i'll look it up and get you the exact specs, in fact, I drew it up first and saved it into a pdf file and can email it to you if you'd like. if so, just pm me or post your email.

Just yesterday we wired up 3 Alpine R12's runnning 4,000Watts sitting on the back seat of my buddies 1500 , Man they hit like crazy!

I built mine for SQ over anything so I ran a JL 10W6v2 in a JL Stealthbox in the front center console with Focal comps up front...it sounded unbelievable but was missing some low end...so I added 2 Pioneer Premiere flat 12's behind the seat with a 4th amp sunken into the box in the middle. It really filled in the bottom end on rap songs and hard bass music. I'm almost happy now. LOL

Oh yea...I've got somewhere around 250 sqft of Dynamat Extreme in there too...one of the best mods I did for the stereo.

I've got a Alpine dvd in dash dva310 with a second DVD player with a 10.5 obverhead in the rear. Its powered by 2 ppi a600 amps. One PPI A 600 runs 4 JL Audio 10" subs. The other PPI A600 power Front 6.5 Boston Pros and the Rear 6.5 Boston Pros. The ways its set up is you can watch one movie though both monitors or watch one movie up front with the sound coming through the speakkers and watch a second movie at the same time on the overhead monitor and use headphones.

for all that care, here's the link to the plans for my box. it's with the jl 10w6's in mind.

http://www.redishconstruction.com/Images/Personal/Enclosure.pdf

Unbroken, i hear ya on the matting. I'm at around 250' in mine as well but I have a crew cab... thats A LOT for a reg cab. definitely a killer mod and helps quiet everything down. Plus with dang near 2000 watts all on the back panel, no vibes or noises, just clean bass and you can barely hear the 37's at 80mph.

seems to fit nice and looks clean, and carpeted.... something I always recommend.... LOL

look sredish; he has a jack......I dont think we have a jack....or even a spare tire that fits

I'll have pics of mine in the spring when im not DDing the truck. I have the carpet torn out, and one of the seats mocked up. The setup will include molded fiberglass box and amp rack. 2 12" MB Quart subs and a set of MB Quart Q's.

Travis

Robts said:
look sredish; he has a jack......I dont think we have a jack....or even a spare tire that fits

I do have a jack, two actually, a Hi-Lift and a bottle jack, but your right on the money with the spare. I was just thinking about that last night. I'm going to be taking another trip in it in a month or so and won't have a spare at all, would suck to be 400 miles from home and need one. :doh: Although, I will say that thes Toyo M/T's are very very hard to hurt. I've been driving on them for over a year and have pulled out some very long screws / nails and never once had a flat and I'm not really sure you could actually blow one out. When I get my 40's, I'm going to have to figure something out. I'd buy that rear tailgate / tire carrier in a heartbeat but the $1,000 here and $1,000 there can really put a hurt on someone in a hurry!! :poke:

Thats funny, we'll spend $6000 on a stupid stereo but not $500 on a spare until its too late.....

tmacie said:
I'll have pics of mine in the spring when im not DDing the truck. I have the carpet torn out, and one of the seats mocked up. The setup will include molded fiberglass box and amp rack. 2 12" MB Quart subs and a set of MB Quart Q's.

Travis

Can't wait to see what it looks like.:rockwoot:

I went a little carzy with my Quad Cab:
- 4 racing seats (4-point cage going in this weekend)
- (4) 12" subwoofers, downfiring into the custon fiberglass enclosure
- (6) amplifiers in a roof-mounted amp rack

I bet that interior is Pimp Rodney! you got pics?

Back