Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ban 12 cylinder

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Ban Both

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • leave it alone

Votes: 56 53.3%

• Total voters
I thought that keeping the big pumps out meant closer competiton not well there goes a sigma 40ft ahead of second place. T!

If there is any truck in front of you 40 feet, yer in the wrong class, or need to work on your truck.

A Sigma or 12 cyl pump, or any custom pump, is NOT going, NOR HAS IT, given anyone that kind of an advantage.

You guys should be me concerned with a Common rail coming up and cleaning your clocks.
Why? Because you've been pulling against Sigmas for years and didnt even know it.

If there is any truck in front of you 40 feet, yer in the wrong class, or need to work on your truck.

A Sigma or 12 cyl pump, or any custom pump, is NOT going, NOR HAS IT, given anyone that kind of an advantage.

You guys should be me concerned with a Common rail coming up and cleaning your clocks.
Why? Because you've been pulling against Sigmas for years and didnt even know it.

Runnin in the red is a ss class truck, that is just one that has done it. how many more out there are going to do the same and jump from class to class. By the why this is not a hit on calvin just used him as a example.

Who cares if they jump? WS runs 2.6, 2.6 runs 2.8, SS runs Mod?
It gives a guy two shots to take home money, if both classes are at a pull, or it gives him more opportunity to pull, at different events.

If you want to go to P-pumps only, it will be 12MM barrel limit, that will help keep costs down, ya know.

Fess up you left water in the block and it froze, it cracked over the winter, you just didn't realize it until the first pass!

Guilty as charged. But no it didn't crack til we pulled it. At least all the way through.

I'm not scared of the sigmas and things. I just think they have a home in there class. This good ole harts pump is bad enough to hang with them sigmas. I will say as far as Calvins truck goes. There is QUITE a bit more work that makes than truck run. NOT the sigma.

I would think there would have to be a substantial advantage for a guy to drop 10-15k in a pump other then to say "I got a Sigma". My argument is that if 98% of the trucks that run in the class cant run them any where else in the country then why beable to run them here. Us that dont have them or cant run them are at a disadvantage when we show up at a NADM event. It almost like TS and their :nos: rule. Except that we just cant take a sigma on and off every other weekend like you can a bottle,lines and a selinoid.

Guilty as charged. But no it didn't crack til we pulled it. At least all the way through.

So wait your admiting to that :doh:

It was probally still froze till it made it to half track:kick::hehe:

So wait your admiting to that :doh:

It was probally still froze till it made it to half track:kick::hehe:

Well I got all them parts from II and my truck ran like chit when I put them on there. So I took it off and planned to get it redone right away. Well I lost interest in it right before winter and left the damn water in it. Oh well though. It gave me no trouble. Parted everything else out except for the clock. Just couldn't believe it ran all year like that after I got in there and saw how wide, deep, and long the crack was. JB weld doesn't hold either haha!

I would think there would have to be a substantial advantage for a guy to drop 10-15k in a pump other then to say "I got a Sigma". My argument is that if 98% of the trucks that run in the class cant run them any where else in the country then why beable to run them here. Us that dont have them or cant run them are at a disadvantage when we show up at a NADM event. It almost like TS and their :nos: rule. Except that we just cant take a sigma on and off every other weekend like you can a bottle,lines and a selinoid.

Its the can't have argument. Those pump rules for that class were in place long before a 12cyl or a Sigma graced the side of a Cummins. As Diesel pulling grew, instead of adopting rules, other places started to ban stuff they didn't have, locally, to keep the hotter trucks out.

Whats next? A certain brand of turbo, you guys feel is a disadvantage?
Keep in mind the 24 valve guys have tried in the past to ban p-pumps in the 2.6 class.

Argument? No, a warning that anyone can try and ban what YOU are running.

Try to look past your own hood when thinking about these things.

If the Sigma was half the price of a13MM P-pump, would you guys be whining?

Price a14 MM P-pump lately?

It costs a LOT more to get a 13 or 14 built than a 12, why not ban them, also?

Cost is a stupid argument, in my book. You can't control it. Period.

And Anthony, if you spent half your time trying to figure out how to make your turbo spin around like the rest of the pulling world knows how to do, instead of throwing your 1/2 a cent worth of opinion on these threads, you would have a shot at catching the SS class.

Its not the pump that worries me, it's the turbo. As long as they keep the turbos to 3.2 twins, I'm ok. I think that they should make it so that the compressor wheel must protrude into the bore. I feel that the turbo makes more of a differance than the pump. I have beat sigma pumps before and they have beat me. There comes a point in time where it's not all about hp it's how you get it to the ground. (don't get me wrong hp does help)

Argument? No, a warning that anyone can try and ban what YOU are running.

Try to look past your own hood when thinking about these things.

And Anthony, if you spent half your time trying to figure out how to make your turbo spin around like the rest of the pulling world knows how to do, instead of throwing your 1/2 a cent worth of opinion on these threads, you would have a shot at catching the SS class.
Whatever old man river haha! The pump rule don't really matter to me. I'm not scared of the sigmas. My turbo spins just fine. Just as long as the intercoolers are on to soon. I caught the class. Just need another big hook to prove it. Well except for Ingram and Wayne anyways.

Its not the pump that worries me, it's the turbo. As long as they keep the turbos to 3.2 twins, I'm ok. I think that they should make it so that the compressor wheel must protrude into the bore. I feel that the turbo makes more of a differance than the pump. I have beat sigma pumps before and they have beat me. There comes a point in time where it's not all about hp it's how you get it to the ground. (don't get me wrong hp does help)

I agree. By the way what the heck happened to the truck running mod in Indy. Kurt get scared of them or what? Truck would have performed better in that class cause the track had more traction during that class. Your truck just blew the tires of for the first 20 feet in Super Street.

Where did the cost of the pump come into this debate? They dont allow them in the East Coast series based on the cost of the pump, they did it from a performance stand point along with all PPL 3.0 classes through out the country. Money deffinatley isnt the reason i brought this up, there was going to one strapped to the side of my motor till PPL said we couldnt run them.

Somebody else brought cost up. If it was a 3.0 class, I'd agree. But Super Street is Unlimitied single 3.2 twins, its a step above 3.0.

I would like to know whats the big deal,listen,if someone comes out an beats ur truck all year long with a 12mm pump,ur gona find something wrong with him,in ur 2cents,just build your truck the way you wana build it or can build it ,so what if someone has a sigma ,if its legal dont try to change it,just try to beat them,plus 80% is knowing how to read a track an driving your truck,you can beat a lot of guys,big horse power guys if you can read a trackan Gene is right,its not a 3,0class,its superstreet ,for the super stars...,mods are for the rock stars...an don't ask me what i am.cause rt now I am a Super Rock Star,...at least it feels that way,

You the man Calvin haha! I like my Harts pump. I'd like to see a sigma pump motor on the dyno. Then swap it out and stick a Harts pump on there and see how it runs. I know the difference between the Scheid pump and my Harts pump. And with the Harts pump it took 4 degrees less in timing and made more power than the Scheid pump. I will keep the 10 grand difference and put it somewhere else. Run them sigmas. More power to you fellas. I just know the only way I will ever own one is just to say I had one. I don't think they are over and above anything.

Back