Supercharged Cummins

The blowers alone cost about $3000.+
I would use an axial 3.3L for a 480-491.

Is the by-pass electronical controlled? When the turbo take over, did it draw air throu the by-passed supercharger, or did you have a valve that open the turbo to atmosphere. Think a have seen this on a Volvo Penta engine.
//nilsson

my brain's a ticking away.. good luck sleeping tonight..

imag0202vu.jpg

What brand is supercharger is that? And are you blowing the turbo into the SC or vice versa? Sorry I can't tell from the pictures on my phone. Nice looking setup though.

Thanks for the info. So it take that he is also running a bypass valve also then?

Figured YOu would post it but gotta ask.. Had any more tinkerin time with the setup turbolvr?! Im flat out rackin my brain tryin to come up with an idea for you bypass for the turbo as im a DIY'er myself and honeslty dont blame ya for not wanting to share secrets! Sweet setup dude but im sure you know that.

Figured YOu would post it but gotta ask.. Had any more tinkerin time with the setup turbolvr?! Im flat out rackin my brain tryin to come up with an idea for you bypass for the turbo as im a DIY'er myself and honeslty dont blame ya for not wanting to share secrets! Sweet setup dude but im sure you know that.

does this help?

imag0249g.jpg

Some, but what Im tryin to imagin is the SC bypass thats being used for when the charger fully lights. Like I said i respect Turbolvr not wanting to share that portion of his setup so I'm not begging or prying. I'm a ways away from needing to figure that out to make the truck running. (when it still needs painted and built basically) Just shear curiosty as one tends to brainstorm and dream when on here! Thanks for the pictures and information that has been posted yall.

Supercharger and turbo illustrative diagram, sorry about german language

attachment.php

Its VW Golf GT4 , 1.4 l blower + tubo (gas engine)

Attachments

• golfgt4.jpg
    golfgt4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
and MB superturbo

attachment.php

Attachments

• FLOWchart super617.JPG
    FLOWchart super617.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 1
the VW set-up is basically what I did (theirs is more complex), the MB wont work @ higher pressures as the turbo will back-feed the blower unless the blower then vents to ATM?

So whats the load on the pulley like when the blower is near unloaded and the turbo is lit providing most of the air? Im assuming the bypass valve allows turbo pressure to show up at the outlet of the blower too.
Looks like the one youre offering in the kit is the 2.3L whipple. Whats the best turbo to pair with that?

So whats the load on the pulley like when the blower is near unloaded and the turbo is lit providing most of the air? Im assuming the bypass valve allows turbo pressure to show up at the outlet of the blower too.
Looks like the one youre offering in the kit is the 2.3L whipple. Whats the best turbo to pair with that?

The turbo is pulling air from the blower. When the turbo is spooled it's pulling more than the blower can put out. So there is no pressure against the blower from the turbo. I ran a 475 with the 2.3L whipple and the turbo started to light at 1800 rpms.

Back