Supercharged Cummins

Supercharger and turbo illustrative diagram, sorry about german language

attachment.php

Its VW Golf GT4 , 1.4 l blower + tubo (gas engine)

Yea that regallkleppe(??) is the little fella that i'm tryin to picture in my head. I know a reed valve was mentioned by turboluvr and so Im tryin to basically imagine the kind of reed valve setup. I've pondered external waste gates or blow off valves but am stumped on those for obvious reasons. Its part of it, tryin to come up with ways to make it work as the fella did here! I'm just so intrieged by it and want one sa bad on my crew cab, beins its gonna be my pack mule, I cant stand it! Glad ya got it figured out and havin fun with it!

Turboluvr you got an injection hat on that truck in yer avatar?! Looks like a new setup under the hood!

Last edited:
Mount an external wastegate or two on your piping between the supercharger and turbo and plumb them to suck instead of blow. Route the inlet of the gates back into your filter-protected fresh air pipe that is feeding your supercharger. Have to play with springs and regulated boost feed to get the gate/gates to open at the right time. I would say around 15 to 20 psi. Or just fabricate a wedge shaped cage out of aluminum and fit a couple of little sheets of carbon fiber in there to make a reed valve.

Retrofitting a clutch assembly off of an ac compressor off of a semi or something down those lines sounds very appealing. Finding a clutch big enough to hold but not too big of diameter to kill your efficiency via messing up your final drive ratio might be hard. Probably have to drive it off of a jackshaft to gear it back up. Doable but what a pita.

The drag on the blower isn't enough to worry about really, this comes from the Banks guys.

Nice to know drag isnt an issue when the turbo kicks in. I would guess that as a race setup, its cheaper to use nitrous to spool a turbo rather than a supercharger. For a daily driver or hauler this might be just the thing. Cant wait to see how much low end fueling this can clear up.
Next concern will be how to keep the auto in one piece with the extra low-rpm torque?
Line pressure?

I could never get the Y2K to fully light. I could push it to 25psi but it just never "hit".
The 366 was totally different. lit easily.

Haha that's priceless. Not gonna lie, if I saw a blower sticking out of the hood on a 98 ram, numerous cholo accusations would spill out of my mouth.

Basically, this......just not a cast iron industrial version. LOL

http://www.thevalveshop.com/menu/manual/newco/cs_check_valves.pdf

:nail: Just reached out and slapped me in the face

No offence here cause I aint tryin or wantin to affend... but at first it reminded me of a certain truck that got slaughtered here a while back on here with e diamond plate scoop riveted to the hood? :hehe: But I know at setup would be worth while with that extra room in the engine bay and that it would actually work like one would dream it would after seeing your success with the other blower swaps you've done! Good luck with it dude and as usual, keep us posted!! :Cheer:

Back