Surprising peek inside an ATS 48re...

11 PK52S54003AA 3103 1468

The 11 is stamped differently vs the factory stampings...made in 2011?

Our serial numbers are a lot shorter then that, that's the factory serial number. Ours is usually on a tag, it should say ATS on it. Something like 1206N04

Our serial numbers are a lot shorter then that, that's the factory serial number. Ours is usually on a tag, it should say ATS on it. Something like 1206N04

Look at that last picture. Is that the tag your looking for?

Last one we tore apart from ats had jb weld in parts of the valve body not what I would call quality

Look at that last picture. Is that the tag your looking for?

The machined separator plate? I thought that was their phone number. Again this IS NOT a personal attack on ATS...just happens to be their trans I pulled apart. Just wanted to see why you pay so much. Oh I like your five clutch forward drum idea...Thanks! I do it a different way but give credit where credit is due I like yours more.

Last edited:
Stock pan no I.D. on it. If it was sharpied on the inside of the bell its long gone as I just got done cleaning the case and I see where one might've been on the drivers side bell.

mine has sharpie on the inside of the bell and a metal tag just in front of the pan on bottom. it was all good except for the stock 727 band, and stock servos they used in a "full build"

the tags I usually see are on the passenger side right in front of the pan on the bottom

the sharpie thing was from a wile ago (old skool), they have since went to the the metal tags riveted to the trans some place

Back