suspension stops

cumminatcha

alright guys i need some ideas about blocking my rearend for the track,
ive got a few ideas on my mind
set of traction bars running from my axle to reciver, replacing shocks with solid bar and an adjustable piece from my frame to sit on top of my axle
got any pictures?

What year truck I have some extras that are for a 3rd gen just take the rubber bumpstops out (2 15mm bolts) and these bolt in. They are just a square 4x4 piece of tubing with a plate at the top with a hole in it. dont take the shocks off and block it that way this way is easier and faster. I drive to the track and bolt these in pull then take them out and drive home.

Here is what i make for suspension stops. This is for a 3rd gen but i have also made them for 2nd gens too. They bolt in place of the factory Rubber bump stops.

100_0942.jpg

Kino(Justin) is the man! He built my suspension setup(with those style stops) last year. Worked great all year long, and is adjustable if you go somewhere that still requires an inch of travel.

Here is what i make for suspension stops. This is for a 3rd gen but i have also made them for 2nd gens too. They bolt in place of the factory Rubber bump stops.

100_0942.jpg

thanks a lot man thats a great idea if i didnt make my own stuf i would definately go to you

stops

Here is the idea I used to make mine works great. The nice thing is that they are ajustable but you can pin them up out of the way. They bolt where the rubber bump stops are.These are not actual pics of my setup but close.

Attachments

• BLOCK PIC.jpg
    BLOCK PIC.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 76
  • BLOCK PIC 2.jpg
    BLOCK PIC 2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 106
Here are the ones I made. They are powdercoated gloss black and will boltup on a 3rd gen. I 'll sell them to ya
094.jpg

alright guys i need some ideas about blocking my rearend for the track,
ive got a few ideas on my mind
set of traction bars running from my axle to reciver, replacing shocks with solid bar and an adjustable piece from my frame to sit on top of my axle
got any pictures?

I would just block the suspension so the leaves do not absorb the weight. I would not recommend replacing shocks with a solid bar.:badidea:

i took my rubber stops off and made a block out of square tube just cut to the distiance you need and bolt them in to place and when you get done pulling just take the 2 bolts out and go home

that's pretty much how ours got made, is with an adjustable bolt to raise and lower then to whatever specified limit needed

Back