suspension stops

stops

I made a bracket that bolts inplace of the factory stops, and one that bolts to the axle. Then a category 1 tractor link to connect them. The benefits are they are adjustable, come in and out with no tools in 2 seconds, and control both up and down movement. the only disadvantage is where the rules require 1 inch of travel. just depends on your rules.

got any pictures?
Too funny, I'll throw them up again LOL
3rd Gen

P2022039.jpg

P2022036_edited-1.jpg

P2022045.jpg

P2022034_edited-1.jpg

i see all these beefy suspension stops and they make mine look way underbuilt, but they work great, have never let me down and are easy to remove. ill have to get some pics of them next time i am working under the truck.

mine look way underbuilt, but they work great, have never let me down and are easy to remove
Can't ask for anything more :Cheer:

Mine are similar to the guys I Pull with, same idea with a twist.

Dirty azz truck :hehe:
Hey, what's up
pigfly.gif
You know I Pulled all three days this weekend :hehe: it's little rainy here today, so the truck will be like that til' the sun pops back out tomorrow :rockwoot:

Last edited:
gonna bring it back alive, But can I get some ideas on just 2nd gens.
Thanks in advance

On your dodges what does the bump stop hit on? Axle or the lift block?

My 2nd gen they hit susp block. The set I made for my buddies 3rd gen go to the axle tube.

My 2nd gen they hit susp block. The set I made for my buddies 3rd gen go to the axle tube.

Did you weld anything on the tube for the stop to hit? Or did you just have the stop rest right on the tube? I was thinking about putting another spring perch on the axle but i dont know if thats needed.

Mine are off of Martys truck its the simplest design but works well. Unbolt the bump stop and drill the hole out to 3/4. Put a piece of all thread through it with a nut on each side or a long 3/4 inch bolt. The take a piece of 1/2 or so plate and put it in plcae of your plate over your rear leaves. Kind of hard to explain ill get some pics up when i can.

Ok here is what i had to do, i removed the bump stops, all i did was used one of the mounting holes for the bump stop, its only a 5/16 bolt that holds it on, but it doesnt really matter because it just has to hold it from moving. My truck doesnt have bump stop places on the lift blocks any more so they are longer, i had to weld a peice of 1/4 thick angle iron to the axle tube but they worked great so far.

IMG_1595.JPG

My gasser truck...The only thing that bounces is the tires and thats not much at 50 pounds, and the cab cause the bushing are worn out...

My top links to keep the axle from moving up and down...
IMG_0906.jpg

My traction bars...
IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

Back