Swole...Again!

Can't even spell my name right... can ya feel the love folks? I can't take all the credit I had an unnamed accomplice as well...

OK Mr. Mays!!! lol

Legendary?? I'm Legendary for All the Wrong Chit! LOL

And it Wasn't even ME!! LOL

Like I need another reason to avoid the South.. I want the three minutes of my life back I spend reading that thread!

LOLLOL. JK...kinda of.

David what's the scoop on the injectors,,,?

:evil

Well.... Lets just say they are repaired and will fly over the pond next week...

Still using the Flux 4 nozzles...

Had one really acting up.. gaining over 10% output with them all repaired. (not even factoring the bad one in)

Almost scared to find out how it's gonna run... LOL

:thankyou2: Marco

:bow:

good to hear david...! You should record days unbroke like people who say how many days sober

good to hear david...! You should record days unbroke like people who say how many days sober

lol

Good Idea!
But I have those vids I posted to document when it ran great with Marcos sticks...
Mine will be back here Tues and I'll hopefully get them in on Wed or Thurs when I'm off..

I may be going to make a pass of two on Marcos injectors tmrw.. To document the difference in size of nozzles...But this thing is hauling with his stuff in them... :)

And, after much...er...well, let's just say...anticipation... :lolly:

the low fuel light works! And it's on due to the engine running...

:woohoo:

And, after much...er...well, let's just say...anticipation... :lolly:

the low fuel light works! And it's on due to the engine running...

:woohoo:

lol

Exactly!!

Thanks again for the help Mike!!
It was awesome to be able to drive all the way down to 29 miles left till empty and still have the truck running, not stalling in the roadway.

That Vulcan piece is awesome...
The Summit fittings, well Not So Much!!!

That Vulcan piece is awesome...
The Summit fittings, well Not So Much!!!

That's an understatement. I looked it up: the Summit hose ends were about $2 cheaper than (Russell, Earl's, Aeroquip, etc.) So, $8 cost 4-5 hrs.
Not my definition of value.

On another note, I wonder if all the PPE dual kits come with 7/16" fuel line?

Well good news and bad:

My injectors came in from Marco / Italy and I insfalled them today.

They are very smooth just like Marcos were but there is just a wee bit more noise. But still WAY Less than there was with the previously... Happy about that :)

Bad news is ( staying consistant with my bad luck ) my FASS is taking a dump on me... When mike and I redid my my draw straw , tank, lines, fittings, and the regulator last week, I noticed that it was not flowing anywhere near as much fuel as it used to... Took a while to fill a 5 gal. Jug...

Anyway, today I took it down the road to test my newly repaired injectors and it felt like I was loosing a bit of power.. Or that marcos (supposedly Smaller) injectors with his special nozzles are just THAT much better... I'm not sure really.. Marco said his were 90's, These are at least Flux 3.8's but are supposed to be 4's.. ( 190-200 )

It seemed to hold RP up there, but my injectors (which should be bigger) felt Just like his or maybe a tad slower.. It could just be the lift pump...OR I could have too much fuel... I wouldn't think so though, with my twins.

When I got back from the few WOT runs, I popped the hood to check my supply pressure gauge (inline at my top cp3) the pressure was almost to Zero... It took it a few mins of idling to get back up to 10 psi.... So I addjusted to regulator to allow more pressure until i can get a new pump or have this one repaired...

It could also be that I added the new Dr. P "Klean Diesel" kit ( filter & water sep.) inline with my FASS... So I now have DOUBLE filtration... I wanted to make sure to keep these things as perfect as possible for as long as possible... Hope its not too restrictive...

Here are a few Pics and Vids... ( I haven't yet taken a pic of the mounted Dr. P kit.. But it forward of the tank and inline with my FASS)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C80wu2NJqqQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C80wu2NJqqQ[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fqDAI4nMhU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fqDAI4nMhU[/ame]

8a61cf27.jpg

6ee71660.jpg

d2c071b0.jpg

252ced5b.jpg

1c8ad873.jpg

70b582b8.jpg

80e25379.jpg

0e57e4d4.jpg

Something sounds off; either the FASS or the regulator. Probably time to rig that FP gauge so you can see it while you're driving. That would help with diagnosis.
Were smoke and/or EGT higher with your sticks vs Marco's?

I know this is a simple thing but u just redid your lines filters. You may be pulling air or lost partial prime to the pump. Check all connections. FYI I have two big cat 2 micron filters after my fass and still fill a 5 gallon bucket fast.

On another note did you have this many problems with your big wheel when you where a kid. Lol

Something sounds off; either the FASS or the regulator. Probably time to rig that FP gauge so you can see it while you're driving. That would help with diagnosis.
Were smoke and/or EGT higher with your sticks vs Marco's?

When we checked it and were trying to pump fuel into the canister, (before the regulator) it just was NOT flowing enough fuel....Then it took a while to build pressure once blocked...
I just think my FASS if toast.... I guess I'll either send it back to get repaired or take Anthony up on the Air Dog offer....

Anyone have a contact at FASS?
I'm sure they'd rather me stay with FASS than switch...
If anyone knows of who I need to speak with, please post up...Thanks!

I know this is a simple thing but u just redid your lines filters. You may be pulling air or lost partial prime to the pump. Check all connections. FYI I have two big cat 2 micron filters after my fass and still fill a 5 gallon bucket fast.

On another note did you have this many problems with your big wheel when you where a kid. Lol

Yeah, I've now got my FASS 2 mic filter and Water Sep. for it to pump through and then the Dr.P "Klean Diesel" plate with a CAT 2 mic filter and water sep. as well..... But I would think with a good 150 gph pump it would flow / push fuel through them with no prob.....

BTW, my FASS is only a 95 gph pump...But I've never had trouble making HP with it before....

And YES, my big wheels had issues too!! LOL

I just have Always had this kinda luck with stuff... It really SUX to be "That Guy"!! lol

Last edited:
Back