Sx300-62 secondary

But what really makes the FMW better than the s363? Same turbine sides available. Is it just the weight difference between the two. Almost flow the same I think? Better PR capability? This has sparked my curiosity. Is it worth the extra money?

But what really makes the FMW better than the s363? Same turbine sides available. Is it just the weight difference between the two. Almost flow the same I think? Better PR capability? This has sparked my curiosity. Is it worth the extra money?

I would guess perceived durability of the fmw and the 360* thrust bearing are two major selling points

Chris, it was a "no go" on the certain housing part numbers I was looking for.

Maybe I'll have to get one of these and take a good look at it. Maybe it'll go on the 12v.

Chris, it was a "no go" on the certain housing part numbers I was looking for.

Maybe I'll have to get one of these and take a good look at it. Maybe it'll go on the 12v.

The price you found was good, but that obviously means they're getting it cheaper as a distributor. It would be sweet to find it at their price

The price you found was good, but that obviously means they're getting it cheaper as a distributor. It would be sweet to find it at their price

Lol, yeah it would, but dang their the "source" basically.

NWhat housing pn are you looking for I have a non gated .83 t4 68mm out in the garage.

20131209_160731_zps8322762b.jpg

Does anyone know what the exducer size is on the 83mm j turbine borg warner turbo? I have an 83mm j style turbine here but the exducer is 69mm, which I'm sure someone has said is what the 75mm had.

Good info! My truck has been down but recently back up hence my lack of participation on the board. Also, yes, I found out a while ago that it is a single puck gate. Maybe one of these days I'll get some drive readings!

Also, forgot to add the port only serves one volute. All this said I think a .83 t4 housing with a single puck on one volute will still produce the best flow and spool without taking too big of a hit in regards to either. Not sure there are any other internally gated s300 options for the cost of this unit, especially right from Borg where you can be confident in their production tolerances, quality assurance, etc. Sure a larger non-gated t4 housing may duplicate flow and possibly cost less but pretty sure it won't spool as quickly or perform as well in compounds. Not sure if you can offset the cost of an external gate with the savings one may attain from purchasing the charger with a non-gated t4 housing. Certainly sounds like the effort is there in attempting to find out the answers to these questions.

Also, forgot to add the port only serves one volute. All this said I think a .83 t4 housing with a single puck on one volute will still produce the best flow and spool without taking too big of a hit in regards to either. Not sure there are any other internally gated s300 options for the cost of this unit, especially right from Borg where you can be confident in their production tolerances, quality assurance, etc. Sure a larger non-gated t4 housing may duplicate flow and possibly cost less but pretty sure it won't spool as quickly or perform as well in compounds. Not sure if you can offset the cost of an external gate with the savings one may attain from purchasing the charger with a non-gated t4 housing. Certainly sounds like the effort is there in attempting to find out the answers to these questions.

I can buy this charger non gated .83 and a JGS gate for less than the gated, but its close.

I completely agree that it isn't perfect, but it is great for a box BW charger

Well to get this back on track: twins are on the way after sitting on these turbos for six months. Crazy Carl here they come..... Thanks for all of the guidance provided in this thread.

Back