Texas Diesel Nationals partners with Blown Alcohol Association

I'll post vids and pictures to photobucket tomorrow and post the link! Wish I could've met more of you! Seems plenty of you saw/met Pinky truck but not me! :(
Demon 6.0 Jarrod (Bockhold) was sitting with me almost all day bahaha and with Clifford (lostnwalmart) you should've come said hello!

Sent from my iPhone

Had a blast. Hot lapped my butt off in sportsmans and SD.. Thanks to heath for lending me his trans cooler and john Robinson for having the fittings to get it all back together.

I am completely cool with being beat by a guy in the 11.90 index that ran a 11.905 and us having mirrored reaction times. It's part off the racing brotherhood. Congrats on your success this weekend, glad I could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree since we pitt next to y'all lol. Thanks again guys. Y'all are good luck and fit in with us lol

D'awww! Hahaha it was very good time for sure. I'm really super excited for the finals in October! :Cheer:

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
i could care less for the mud stuff myself. love watching people do it but i hate cleaning that off from under my truck. now sled pull is a different story! i love that stuff. gonna be a dyno too? sucks that the one for this past time couldnt make it

Just got home, flew in today. Had a great time and thanks to Randy and the NHRDA crew for putting on a great event. Couple of points, While the track crew did a great job, I hope we can avoid the oil downs in the finals, took a lot of time to clean up and we got behind at least three hours. It would be a lot better if there were a separate entrance for the competitors, took forever for some of the guys and gals who were racing to get in and teched. Great turn out but need to get the competitors in and teched so we can start time trials before the afternoon.

The track food vendor was were great, might want to open up another food vendor to two for the finals. The burgers were some of the best I've ever had at a track.

The young hotties in their cowboys boots, cut off tight jeans and cow boys hats were a big bonus. Texas gals have great legs!!!

Congratulations to all the competitors and especially the winners. Darren had the Black Mamba running great. Team Green made a great pass in qualifying but couldn't build enough boost in the first round and almost timed out. They are a great crew and a lot of fun to pit next to. John Roberson's (sp?) new funny car is very cool. He is having a bit of trouble seeing out of it and also the parachute didn't work his last pass making stopping it a little interesting, I'll let him tell the story.

Erick and Everett and the rest of the Cajon connection were great, out on some awesome gumbo an mud bugs, and congratulations on the new best ET Eric as well as the Super Street win. Verlon won again, that is getting old Congrats Verlon, see you in Redding.

Really looking forward to the World Finals.

I'll post vids and pictures to photobucket tomorrow and post the link! Wish I could've met more of you! Seems plenty of you saw/met Pinky truck but not me! :(
Demon 6.0 Jarrod (Bockhold) was sitting with me almost all day bahaha and with Clifford (lostnwalmart) you should've come said hello!

Sent from my iPhone

I really wish I had! The Riviera pit was great though and met some fantastics guys! I will be at the World Finals and won't miss another opportunity! I did see your pink bumpers pulling out at the end of the day!

Urs was the straight piped 6.0?
I could have sworn the cloud of smoke I put out when I killed that common rail dodge would have given it away....

^^^This is not cool. I'm not picking on you specifically but we were all at a race track with lots of opportunity to blow smoke and race in the right place. No reason to do it in the pits, the parking lot or down the street. :badidea:

[ame="http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m558/cmruggles/Texas%20Diesel%20Nationals%20April%2014%202012/"]Texas Diesel Nationals April 14 2012 pictures by cmruggles - Photobucket[/ame]

Here y'all go! Plenty of pictures and videos!

I knew Darren's lights flickered in staging and I wasn't crazy. Not that it would have made any difference.

^^^This is not cool. I'm not picking on you specifically but we were all at a race track with lots of opportunity to blow smoke and race in the right place. No reason to do it in the pits, the parking lot or down the street. :badidea:

We were the only 3 people on the road and we kept it under the speed limit.
I am not trying to justify it, but I am not the idiot who shows off like a tool either.
There is intelligence in some of the things I do.
believe me when I say I know what you are talking about, I just keep it low key.

Ya it was all good. No worries.

Tapatalk...cause I'm cool like that

Yes sir. I redlit in sportsmans finals and ended up 3rd in super diesel. Looking forward to October
So you're the guy who beat me in the first round of eliminations in SD. I still have some bugs to work out, and I was hoping I would line up next to someone with a slower truck so I could make at least one round. That's a good running truck you have.

Thanks to all the good folks that stopped by for friendship & help, it was great to see all you guys . The nhrda is getting better & better at putting these events on & this was one of the best ones I've been to, hats off to all of the people that make it happen.
We have made a lot of changes over the off season & she should back to the sevens & 178 mph mark & beyond very soon but we will take what we can get ..we finally have this thing leaving & going a to b with little failures.
This new body thing has had a little learning curve about the way you see out of it. There is a huge hump right in front of you & I am now having to sit on a Dallas phone book for better visibility but it works....next stop is ts, see ya there

Back