Thank You Discount Tire for Ruining My Rims

Soloud

Had a set of tires mounted on my KMC XD Rockstars on Saturday brought them home took them out of my truck and noticed all four of them were damaged. Call back up to Discount Tire in Merrillville spoke to Carin he told me were closing in about fifteen minutes can you come by Monday and we'll make it right. Today leave work an hour early to make it there by 6:00 pm, walk in tell the guy at the counter what was going on he goes outside with me looks at them and says that's pretty bad I'll find out who put them on and we'll get it taken care of. About five minutes later he comes back in says my manager Kevin is going to check them out and we"ll get it taken care of. I watch them outside walk around my truck with no flash light in the dark and then he comes in and tells me sorry bro it's the nature of the beast with those wheels, you hit something and thats what caused the damage. Now knowing in my head they weren't damaged before Saturday I told him don't give me that bull **** I owned the wheels for three years and never curbed them or anything the only place I drove my truck was to work today and I know I didn't hit anything but, yet it's my fault. Then the next sentence out of his mouth I could've slapped him when he says if you want to buy a new set I'll give you my discount. I now get it anything to make a sale.

i second the and then...unless they got a sign posted saying there not responsible for damage to custom wheels i would make them buy you a new set...wheels aint cheap and its hard work keepin em clean and stylin for 3 years

Why would you not check things out when you picked them up? And then why would you put them on the truck and drive up there?

Probably their way of telling you that Rockstars suck...and are way past played out.,

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's probably a low profile tire and 22" wheel that is reverse mount. Almost impossible not to scratch it.

Why would you not check things out when you picked them up? And then why would you put them on the truck and drive up there?

X2. Why would you mount a damaged product? Easier to have a complaint when you didn't bolt them on. You can't blame the manager for not believing you. I'm sure there has been other people to plead that case.

I make them inspect the wheels with me before they mount new tires and I take pictures of the process. Food for thought for the future.
Y'all don't bash the guy...you'd be pissed too.

Call their corporate office and take it up the chain. If they don't do anything post a blog on line and twitter it. Very bad jou jou for them.......

^^^^ Thats gay!

I understand the frustration but I dont approve of that course of action. Calling corporate is understandable but crying on the internet, especially this forum, is not the answer.

WTF is happening to Comp D these days?? Theres more retarded threads than productive ones...

Someone needs to let me in on the secret forum so I at least have decent content to read. I promise not to post... FML

I'd be pissed too, but he really doesn't have any proof that they did the damage...

what duck said

but, the good news is that there's possibly one less set of rockstars on the road now L.O.L.

^^^^ Thats gay!

I understand the frustration but I dont approve of that course of action. Calling corporate is understandable but crying on the internet, especially this forum, is not the answer.

WTF is happening to Comp D these days?? Theres more retarded threads than productive ones...

Someone needs to let me in on the secret forum so I at least have decent content to read. I promise not to post... FML

I typically take something like that up the corporate ladder, if that doesn't work, I have my lawyer send them a letter. Typically that does it.

At that point, if the two prior action items didn't work, I reevaluate my situation with a cost - benefit analysis :hehe:

guy f'd my wheels up with the wrong socket, said he couldnt do anything about it, took a special thinwall socket, on all 4 wheels. I figured it cost me more to sue him then to buy new wheels.

A buddy of mine runs a Discount Tire in the valley, when they mess up a wheel, they buy them a brand new one. I think you need to climb up the chain some more.

Back