"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

Everyone can keep pushing the grey area in the rules. I will still be sitting here with my true 2.6 S300 laughing my ass off.

As it is right now there are a few trucks around here that have tons of money into there trucks, while I have my 190,000mile stock bottom end CR spinning 4200RPM with stacked boxes half melted pistons and box stock 2.6 charger.

The greatest thing is winning against these guys, and not just winning but putting 10+ feet on them.

There is no place left at the bottom. LOL

True.

I am all for big $$ being spent in the higher classes and innovation and thinking outside the box. It's what people want to see. The problem is there is very little division between classes. A truck can pull in 2.6, 2.8, or 3.0 in many cases and do well depending on rules/setups. The general "audience" (A.K.A. people who pay the bills and allow us to pull and generate income), don't know the difference and wonder why the truck pulls 2 or 3 times.

There is no longer a true "global" work stock environment as the newer trucks can get so much power with little work (tuner only) compared to yesterday's counterparts. Workstock for diesels is a class for someone who bought a newer truck to show what it's got (great for the Ford, GM, Dodge debates). Older trucks cannot compete "stock" (advances in technology) so a "just above" entry level class that evens the field a little bit would be nice. It takes a completely "stock" truck to the next level.

Guys who want to step up a LITTLE and guys who want to bring their older trucks up to newer standards (for HP/TQ), should have an outlet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. That should be where the 2.5/2.6 should reside. Truck pulling is not cheap, but it shouldn't require a second mortgage either in a lower class. The class should be tight on rules and restrictions and force "throttle jockies" to learn suspension, tires, driving, etc. Today it's who can get creative with the rules (mainly around the turbo) and kick ass with little knowledge of actual "truck pulling". Give me 700HP and a poor setup and I will walk over someone who only has 400HP and a decent setup. As long as I don't hop to the moon or break, I can point and shoot and that's all most guys do. It's not learning anything about the sport. Years ago pulling "gasser trash" we hit a wall in the street legal class for HP. Up until then it was who has more power. As power leveled off, it was who can set up a truck and who can read a track. That where true KNOWLEDGE was gained.

I will say the lack of definition of turbo rules has made for a big boom in the sport but it's also a double edged sword and will be it's downfall (not to the point of killing pulling, but will stunt what could have been a great growth).

Leave the guys with money to fight in 2.8 and greater and restrict the rules in under 2.8 to minimize deep pocket domination. Hell if you have the money there is 2.8, 3.0, Mod, and Open/Unlimited, it's not like there is no choice for your wallets. If you have the money great, good for you, but not eveyone has it and should not be looked down upon for not having it (or vice versa). Will deep pockets compete in lower classes, yes as you can't stop an asshole from trying to dominate a class they shouldn't be in, but you can limit how much they can do. Force the "check writers" or "Credit Card Swipers" to actually get out and walk the dirt if they want to win.....

Forget ego's, and forget what's in YOUR truck. Think about the sport that has given to us and what's best for the future. I would like to be truck pulling 40 years from now (even if it's in wheelchair equipped van), how about you?

Having an "affordable" slightly above entry level class will get more people into the sport and help it grow for the FUTURE. That's what this should all be about.

Again :soap:

Last edited:
Everyone can keep pushing the grey area in the rules. I will still be sitting here with my true 2.6 S300 laughing my ass off.

As it is right now there are a few trucks around here that have tons of money into there trucks, while I have my 190,000mile stock bottom end CR spinning 4200RPM with stacked boxes half melted pistons and box stock 2.6 charger.

The greatest thing is winning against these guys, and not just winning but putting 10+ feet on them.

Track conditions make a big difference. Now I've never pulled in Texas but can tell you clay makes a huge difference.

If theres was a spec turbo size for each class like tractors there prolly wouldnt be as many people complaining. This would also make a noticable difference in power between the classes.

Yeah, seriously.....you try that chit in OH / IN / KY and see how you do.

True 66s are getting their asses handed to them on power tracks. They were competitive turbos....about 5 years ago....

NWPADMAX makes a perfect point. On a decent biting track I put 21 feet on the nearest person, 2 days later same group of trucks, I put 1 foot on the field on a not very good track.

LMAO Dan, here is the answer, forget all this tech crap, just give everyone lousy tracks!!!

Problem solved!!! Never know who will win!!!

We are pulling on good red clay this week. I pulled off a 2nd place pull last night, hoping to do better tonight and tomorrow.

Last week we were on a different kind of track and pull off 1st friday and saturday.

I've seen 45' between the same two trucks at different tracks the same week.

LMAO Dan, here is the answer, forget all this tech crap, just give everyone lousy tracks!!!

Problem solved!!! Never know who will win!!!

Awesome.... I have see 62mm chargers put it to s400 based big HP trucks on lousy tracks, just because the big HP trucks won't hook up.

I dont have the big money to build a cheater turbo truck, maybe I will have the money someday to make it up there and pull against the cheating turbo trucks though.

I dont have the big money to build a cheater turbo truck, maybe I will have the money someday to make it up there and pull against the cheating turbo trucks though.

LMAO are they cheating if they meet the rules?

You might see a few of them at baytown if NADM goes there again.

Our tracks are far better than alot of the tracks I see in videos of pulls posted up here.

Maybe people should stop saying they are cheater turbos they meet the rules so they arent cheating its not their fault you cant keep up.

I dont really care about the whole turbo thing really....They meet the rules, I'm not complaining.

Its more fun to listen to the guys on here ***** about it.

Our tracks are far better than alot of the tracks I see in videos of pulls posted up here.

I believe that, I don't think some of them can get worse than some of the ones have pulled on.

The other thing is just because it isn't dusty doesn't make it a good track.

I have pulled in texas, and while the track wasn't bad, I didn't have to worry about breaking any parts.

True, I'm also pulling in a 2.8 class with a 2.6 truck.

True, I'm also pulling in a 2.8 class with a 2.6 truck.

Once again on the loose tracks that 2.6 could very well help you. It will pull the engine down and let you get a hold of the track. You win that is what matters, you have your truck set up for the tracks that you pull on! All part of the game.

Why not use a comp housing diameter rule? Say 7" (just a number to use not saying it a good number) in diameter measured from point (A) to point (B) if it is bigger then 7" then its illegal but keep the inducer at 2.6. You can stuff a 110mm exducer wheel in it but at some point its going to fall on its face because the housing wont flow what the wheel can. They have a Pro Farm class around here that does it and it works well. They also have a exh housing height rule that limits the the housing measured from the foot to the farthest point of the exh housing but not the wheel but once again the big wheels in the small housings wont work when paired with the comp housing limit, very easy to tech all you need is a tape measure,$.02

Back