The argument for a real conversion injector

don't seem to me like he want to mess with them but i need a good injector with the right pattern in my 04.5 up common rail piston

ok im new to the whole p pumping thing and i know im gonna do it as soon as i get my info and parts together but im having a hard time understanding the injector problem why cant you just lower the pop pressure? does it not atomize right anymore?

Don pretty much summed it up on the first page why just changing pressures won't work. I pm'd Weston back and forth a few weeks ago and he is still working on a fix for us.

ok im new to the whole p pumping thing and i know im gonna do it as soon as i get my info and parts together but im having a hard time understanding the injector problem why cant you just lower the pop pressure? does it not atomize right anymore?

ok thanks so basically just get your vp injectors set at p pump pop psi for the time being until somebody finds a fix?

Has anyone done dyno test to prove that lowering pop pressure or a injector made for this application is better? Or is this just theory?

Has anyone done dyno test to prove that lowering pop pressure or a injector made for this application is better? Or is this just theory?

I have no data but i do know that when i had mine lowered to 12v pop off pressures the truck started easier, and will rev over 4k quicker.

this is not a full conversion injector, just lowered the pop off of 24 injectors.

Could you not add more timing to compensate for the injectors not opening at the right time?

Sure, but they close faster and they dont open as far or as fast as they should. You can use about 210-230 bar if you have standard 24V stix. That helps with the 24V spring a bunch. Not perfect, but a pretty good crutch for idle issues.

Back