the first side draft 24v manifold

There are already a few guys out there that have dont that, ive been talking to a builder about doing one for my rig as well

ZZ's website shows them also having one of those coming out soon.

So has there been any dyno tests or anything? & whats the price? Im building a new Engine for my truck right now. So im interested. This would be the time to do something like this. Would there be much benifit for a DD truck?

well mopar man, if every other intake horn seller tells about the benefits to the dd crowd.i think its safe to say this side draft would help also.as far as dyno i never did.i did run my dually down the 1320.so when i am finished i will run it again and see.but again i am looking for a all around good set-up.if i had a race only truck it would be a different story.

Looks very good August. Good luck with the build. That's gonna be one bad work truck. :)

greg, if you have an original zz fab manifold and want to go to the side draft, will it be a direct replacement, meaning do the bolt holes of the side draft and top entrance stay the same?

well mopar man, if every other intake horn seller tells about the benefits to the dd crowd.i think its safe to say this side draft would help also.as far as dyno i never did.i did run my dually down the 1320.so when i am finished i will run it again and see.but again i am looking for a all around good set-up.if i had a race only truck it would be a different story.
Well please keep me posted on your findings. Like I said Im building a new engine as we speak so I am very interested in this. Also would like to know a price when one is a avalible.

DSC00727.jpg
well the manifold is now on my truck.i am still doing the break-in.so far so good.i have to say thanks to comp-d.the members and the venders.snedge made me a 12v .20 hg.for my 24v and sold me tappets.bob took my smarty and did the up-date.Greg hooked me up with a cam/springs/apr's.he also gave me a few rockers.and worked with Greg young to get the head ported.Greg young built the side-draft for me.huckstorf diesel helped me tremendously! as well as martins dodge union grove wi.without all this help i would still be without my work truck.this truck helps me feed my family.....so thank you for putting up with me .with all my stupid questions and many phone calls.

your blanket and turbo sock really help.under hood temps are way down. it is spooling up faster as well. i had to rig the sock with straps like that just until i get a different turbo.i ran out of cash.

Nice!! But The one i am going to be running next year (Same one that SMOKINCUMMIS fabed up) Looks like it would flow more air then this one, but i dont think he wants his design getting out so ill keep my mouth shut!

There making a tubular manifold for a VP? WOW i think that would be a BIATCH to get around all those injector lines!

this is something i really wanted to see happen.and as for something flowing more air, oh yes! i am sure there will be lots of them to come.thats what this sport is all about.there will allways be something better.if this was a p pump there would be more room.i wanted to help Greg to make a nice replacement intake.and the intercooler tube worked with off the shelf walker tubes.and i also wanted to use the factory injection lines.i could of got custom lines.but thats not what i wanted to do.like i said i wanted to help and it is more marketable when people can use some factory parts that is a big part of this.plus i seen his cr sidedraft and i was told it couldnt be done.so i wanted it even more.

your blanket and turbo sock really help.under hood temps are way down. it is spooling up faster as well. i had to rig the sock with straps like that just until i get a different turbo.i ran out of cash.

LOL I didn't even notice how you had the ties. That's one way of keeping it on! Call me if you need more ties, I probably have a few laying around that you can have. Engine/intake looks good man.

ya looks stupid.i diddnt want other people to think thats how it is done.your way is better

Sorry but not the first

101_1174.JPG

That is the sexiest damn thing I have ever seen. Don't install that in a truck just send it to me and I will set it up in the shop to admire all the time. It would be ashame to cover up all that blue and aluminum.:woohoo:

powermad,the benifits are many.1 and 6 ports get small amount of air.the factory intake is cut off.this helps the porter open this up.also this manifold will bring lots of air over stock.are there guys without this manifold with 800hp? yes.700hp? yes.this is a small part of the big picture.i drive my truck everyday.sometimes more than 100 miles.i am looking to get every little bit out of my truck.i feel this along with my other mods will help in mpg as well as 1/4 mile times.

I thought 4,5 and especially 6 were the ones getting starved for air, but the point remains the same. These are excellent (overdue) ideas. I hope to do this some day. I've seen a few Cummins ran so hard the manifold glows, but it's usually the back end, that's why I said 4,5,6. Good work sir.

it is a CR Greg at ZZ did both manifolds . I have watched as Augusts ( duallyspeed ) manifold went together . I know that Greg also has a p pump version for a 24 valve head going together as well.
August , your head looks equally as good , ZZ Custom Fabrication is doing a lot of port work now. You should see the D max heads he has on the bench now.

A intake like this, with even tubed headers would be quiet something......:rockwoot:

Back