The new toy

Runninlean

Say When racing
after being in storage for 1 1/2 years I have acquired the first CR to run in the 10's. The big question is can I get it competitive and do it any justice.

Attachments

• 03 race truck side (2).jpg
    03 race truck side (2).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
Nice looking truck. Who's was it? When did it first run 10's? What is all done to it?

Congrats man!!!!! Post some more pics its been awhile since ive seen it chris was saying that they had added some custom weight mounts etc up under it or something?

Haven't seen that truck for around for awhile...

Kevin everybody was first in the 10's with a CR.

Nice looking truck. Who's was it? When did it first run 10's? What is all done to it?

It was Jason Read's truck. Him and R.C. Cox were running together. It ran in the 10.99 back in 06 with only 100hp injectors and slightly smaller twins. They turned it up and went to the 17" slicks and fought traction issues till life caught up with Jason and he parked it.

A few more pics. Still a work in progress of course.

Attachments

• cab race truck.jpg
    cab race truck.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • race truck rear.jpg
    race truck rear.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
Glad to see Someone finally buy it from Jason. I bet chris was happy to see someone interested in racing it again!

thanks guys! Now if I can just make it go down the track and be competitive...

Kick ass......... What are your plans?

Well that is a good question. I am hoping to make TX and NC race for div 4 and perhaps a few others. That being said after going to HMP today I got a ways to go for being competitive. My best time was 7.9 at 95 mph in the 1/8th pedaling the the whole time. The sad part is that was on stock tune and no power adder. Im running 34.5/17/16 Hoosiers and 3.30 gear and leaving in second :bang. I have got to get this chassis tuned it was still squirly getting back in it just before the trap.:doh:

from the texts i got it was a pretty impressive shake down pass. work still needs to be done but still pretty awesome...

haha hurry up and get yours to the track so we can fight chassis setup together!

Back