The new toy

Looks awesome! BTW - just a heads up in case you run into an anal NHRA tech inspector, they want to see two 1/2" bolts per 100 lbs of weight bars/plates. It looks like you have a single larger bolt (which is probably stronger than the two 1/2" bolts), but I have seen guys get hassled over that same issue (including me in a borrowed car).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Looks awesome! BTW - just a heads up in case you run into an anal NHRA tech inspector, they want to see two 1/2" bolts per 100 lbs of weight bars/plates. It looks like you have a single larger bolt (which is probably stronger than the two 1/2" bolts), but I have seen guys get hassled over that same issue (including me in a borrowed car).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Thanks! Still waiting on my rule book to arrive but I believe the weight plates are getting cut off. I understand what he was going for but I believe the location is all wrong. If I do end up having to add ballast I tend to do it directly over the pinion. I am doing good right now to keep the front end down.

Well as some know I finally was making some headway on the race truck. I was able to get the truck to bite and pulled a 10.6 and a best of 10.4 @138 on back to back passes shortly before the NHRDA race in Ennis. I believe (maybe its just wishful thinking) it has more in it especially given the MPH.

Any ways made the trip to Ennis only to break the transmission just before the 8th on first round of qualifying. Tranny is out now and chalked up its 3rd Billet input shaft and of course its still in the TC. The major down side was with exception to added frictions, the Input shaft, Carbon fiber 2nd band and TC the rest is stock. Ughhh the choices that lay ahead. I need deeper pockets!

Well as some know I finally was making some headway on the race truck. I was able to get the truck to bite and pulled a 10.6 and a best of 10.4 @138 on back to back passes shortly before the NHRDA race in Ennis. I believe (maybe its just wishful thinking) it has more in it especially given the MPH.

Any ways made the trip to Ennis only to break the transmission just before the 8th on first round of qualifying. Tranny is out now and chalked up its 3rd Billet input shaft and of course its still in the TC. The major down side was with exception to added frictions, the Input shaft, Carbon fiber 2nd band and TC the rest is stock. Ughhh the choices that lay ahead. I need deeper pockets!

congrats on the times. What did it 60'? What turbo/turbos, and pump/pumps are you running? stock head?

60's are still a work in progress best so far is a 1.78

Well as for mods most people would freak out if they looked under the hood.

Currently running HX40 over a BHT3B. Relentless dual pumps (second pump is mounted below the crank). Head related in new staked guides and springs. Intercooler is stock intake is currently stock with the grid heater (I am putting a intake and delete on it already have the parts).

Not great at posting pictures on here hope this works.

10.4 pass

10.6 pass

My 14 yr old was taking the video so excuse the commentary.

Attachments

• 2011-03-11 20_07_04.jpg
    2011-03-11 20_07_04.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-03-11 19_59_18.jpg
    2011-03-11 19_59_18.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
Look on the positive side, at least the intermediate didn't let go and wreck some of the internals. What did the clutch packs look like?

They actually looked pretty good. OD has the extra friction in it but it did have a slight coloration on the steels. They are stock frictions so likely upgrade them to reds along with the 3rd's and see how they do.

A little birdy told me you went to the track last night.. Sounds to me like a roll bar is in your near future.:rockwoot:

Yeah I need to slow it down some. Local track is gonna kick me out..LOL

Well as some know broke the tranny again. Going to tear it back down and see what happened for sure but I believe some VB changes are in order. It was originally set up for a single disc TC and going to soften up the lock up with the current tripple disc TC.

Man that thing can get it! GL with the trans... I wish I had built a full race setup instead of dumping almost 40k in parts into and out of my dd.

Thanks guys! Now if I can just get it for more than 1 or 2 passes a tranny LOL

Back