**The Official Winter/Off Season Sled Pulling Smack Talk Thread**

Hey Orange. LOL

Listen to me...... When we swim with the sharks, it is best to stay well away from the chum.

As the chevy guy mentioned, there is some real talent involved in this thread, and they have every right to kick each other in the nads. Lets just watch and learn. K? LOL

:eek:wned:

I dont know about the rest of ya'll but we pull just so the guys who dont, have something to talk/***** about, winning enough money for lunch is second to only that!!

Last edited:
Ok, I just would like to see it. Matt your around here somewhere, do you know any 2.6 trucks in our area makin 1k? With or without the donkey cover.

Hard to say because all the true numbers are hush hushed and/or fish storied.

Plus, you have variation in how it's being tested. To put a 12V on a engine dyno is straightforward, but those guys can only guess at the driveline losses, so the wheel HP is unknown.

Then the chassis dyno guys, some run the el-zingo spinny dyno, and you can get all kinds of high numbers from those, but yet these don't dominate on-track as much as you would think, based on the numbers, so I have a hard time buying in on those.

Now there are a few neanderthals who run load-cell chassis dynos, which I feel are the most accurate numbers, but those guys all keep their mouths shut.

And then the age-old "getting it to the ground" issue. Both setup and driver.

So, this is just my opinion: you get yourself a 2.6 truck that hooks great and has a smart driver and makes an honest 800 wheel HP, you will do a lot of damage. You may not win every hook, but a formidable points runner you will be.

I have never worried about the guys with the biggest numbers. They tend to break a lot of stuff, even if they put on awesome runs here and there.

What I worry about are good drivers with experience and solid equipment.

And then the age-old "getting it to the ground" issue. Both setup and driver.

So, this is just my opinion: you get yourself a 2.6 truck that hooks great and has a smart driver and makes an honest 800 wheel HP, you will do a lot of damage. You may not win every hook, but a formidable points runner you will be.

I have never worried about the guys with the biggest numbers. They tend to break a lot of stuff, even if they put on awesome runs here and there.

What I worry about are good drivers with experience and solid equipment.

:Cheer: My thoughts as well!

U
3.0 = more fuel...........

you cant throw a 13mm p pump at a 2.6 charger

2.6 truck average what 800hp give or take

3.0 truck average what 1100+

regardless of more air or not, a higher hp truck is putting more stress on parts regardless of the temperature its at

13mm pumps are very common in 2.6. I'm running one and my truck doesn't even run that good LOL.

Last edited:

Only because I was starting to smell smoke and wanted to save you before you hurt yourself. :hehe:

I dont know about the rest of ya'll but we pull just so the guys who dont, have something to talk/***** about, winning enough money for lunch is second to only that!!

Speaking of lunch, I finally got to try that Hotdog place in Blairsville you mentioned to me awhile back. Good stuff.:rockwoot:

3.0 = more fuel...........

you cant throw a 13mm p pump at a 2.6 charger

2.6 truck average what 800hp give or take

3.0 truck average what 1100+

regardless of more air or not, a higher hp truck is putting more stress on parts regardless of the temperature its at

You must not get out much! You have no clue what your talking about.:bang

I got an idea. Why doesn't everyone come to the Sarver dyno day with their 2.6 trucks. Don't worry, noone can look under the hood :snoop: I want to see the numbers on paper, not a keyboard. Yes, I'll have my bomb there to see what it can do too. You eastern Ohio guys can come with trucks pushing 1000hp out of a 66mm inducer :charger: and shut me the phuck up.

I got an idea. Why doesn't everyone come to the Sarver dyno day with their 2.6 trucks. Don't worry, noone can look under the hood :snoop: I want to see the numbers on paper, not a keyboard. Yes, I'll have my bomb there to see what it can do too. You eastern Ohio guys can come with trucks pushing 1000hp out of a 66mm inducer :charger: and shut me the phuck up.

Who are you referring to in eastern ohio that make 1k on a 66 wheel?

Well, I didn't think anyone further out would come. I've read so much about COTPC trucks floating on water, and such, I'd love to see the magic in person.

I suggest you come to a COTPC hook with a good running 2.6 truck and watch what happens.
I bet my truck hardly makes 500hp

Last edited:
Back