The Potential of the 6.7

SPEAKSUP

Zach and me where at the Ford stealership he was looking at a new truck. I know they have the Urea crap do they have the EGR and DPF also. I haven't looked into them.

He wants to hot rod one up. I told him what I seen come out of the 6.4's so he was just wondering what all can be done. Is there delete's and tunes out yet?

What's up with this turbo has two? Compressor's are they modifying them or what?

Also real quick is the 6.4 a CGI block to Salesman was trying to pitch that the 6.4's were CGI also I didn't think they where.

Im no sure on the egr coolers but i would probly say yes, H&S has the black maxx almost finished up and they are urea delete with dpf delete. I can se the charger holding mush more than about 470 hp because they are on the small side. I know that elite diesel eng has been doing some work with the turbos. I hope this helps a bit.

That's good to know He really want's a new one I told him to get a 6.4 but NO. They are nice and a pretty penny of a price. Then again he wants the King Ranch so that's another cost LOL

I DO NOT like their dually's now that rip off of a Megacab Flare is hideous.

Anybody have any ideas is the tuning along the same. Think they are going to get the big number's out of theese also?

my buddy is a diesel tech at a ford dealer and they told them that this motor can be punched out to a 8.1L. that is what they are going to do and put them in the F-650's

I've heard about quite a few camshaft/bearing issues, but the block is very strong (compacted graphite) and the turbo is pretty cool, twin compressors with a single turbine, both heads feed individual ports to the turbo.

go wwith a cummins or a duramax the cummins doesn't even have the urea. the new ford imo though is just as good as the 6.4.

You can probably pick up a 2010 truck before the end of the year at a steat they were knocking around 10k off the 2010 cummins here locally pretty decent rebates on the dmax to.

a new dodge over a new ford? surely you jest!

even with the urea the chevy and ford are blowing dodge out of the water.

the way i understand it, the urea allows them to tune them higher from the factory?

Why are so many complaining about urea. Sure it's inconvenient and costs a little money but it allows for much higher hp levels from the factory while still meeting emissions. Atleast the 6.7 doesn't rely on strictly a piece of sh!t egr. Nothing I love more than cramming my engine full contaminated soot and sh!t.

I drove a Powerstroke at the car show last weekend, I must say that I was extremely disappointed. There was a fair bit of turbo lag (almost worse than the 6.0's VGT), the transmission has a looooong delay between shifts and its really not very powerful for being "400hp".

Get rid of that junk SST turbo and I bet the thing would really come alive. BTW, the twin compressor wheels are held together by a roll pin. I bet before long we will be seeing "killer pin" complaints and failed turbos.

If your buddy wants a V8 he should definitely get a 6.4 Powerstroke, its a far better designed engine.

Attachments

• P4030041 SST1.jpg
    P4030041 SST1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I drove a Powerstroke at the car show last weekend, I must say that I was extremely disappointed. There was a fair bit of turbo lag (almost worse than the 6.0's VGT), the transmission has a looooong delay between shifts and its really not very powerful for being "400hp".

Get rid of that junk SST turbo and I bet the thing would really come alive. BTW, the twin compressor wheels are held together by a roll pin. I bet before long we will be seeing "killer pin" complaints and failed turbos.

If your buddy wants a V8 he should definitely get a 6.4 Powerstroke, its a far better designed engine.

You are smoking crack....NO WAY IN HELL does the 6.7 have turbo lag worse than the 6.0.

You are smoking crack....NO WAY IN HELL does the 6.7 have turbo lag worse than the 6.0.

It sure does. Its the same airplane wing sized vane design as the 6.0. The differences are the turbine is very small (which means it takes more backpressure to spin up), the turbine is overloaded with high compressor power requirements (high backpressure again) and it has the same 3-second delay off the line between punching the throttle and full power.

It sure does. Its the same airplane wing sized vane design as the 6.0. The differences are the turbine is very small (which means it takes more backpressure to spin up), the turbine is overloaded with high compressor power requirements (high backpressure again) and it has the same 3-second delay off the line between punching the throttle and full power.

Toby has owned a 6.0 and now has a 6.7 so I'm gonna say he should know which has worse lag.

The 6.7 drives more like a gas engine than any other diesel I have ever driven. 0 lag off idle. 300D is a moron for even trying to make a comment like that. Proves to me he has never even been behind the wheel of a 6.7.

But the 6.4 being a well designed engine just proved his stupidity LMAO

Proves to me he has never even been behind the wheel of a 6.7.

That proves you're incapable of piecing together a rational thought.

But the 6.4 being a well designed engine just proved his stupidity LMAO
If I recall right, you've never owned a 6.4. So it likely you've never even been behind the wheel of one.

Back