Thought Id never do it. Damn you Tyler!

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

I'm not used to all of that fuel. lol Might get intimidated. :hehe:

I'm thinking so, should be a good match for these 7x.012 injectors and turbo I'm running.

If that charger can handle 500cc, twins would almost be pointless.

I cant even begin to clear 500cc and i dont even get full travel LOL

I know its cleaning up everything this vp can throw at it. If it doesn't, I'll just go to a S475 later.

x2 I thought that was comical also.

I was joking, but I definately dont want to sell it cheap. Something special about this pump. I've never seen another make the power above redline like this pump. It now has 100k miles on it, how much could I sell it for? lol

Last edited:
On a side note, wifey got a new Chevy Traverse yesterday. I got the ok to do whatever I want to do to my truck. It's on now! lmao

I p pumped my 02 this past winter and i am like everyone else, i dont have a clue why i waited so long it runs so much smother now also.

A few things off the top of my head so I don't forget. First is a must, you put the engine at tdc and bold on a SBC timing pointer then scribe around it with whatever you can then take a very thin grinder or cutoff wheel and cut a slot on the end of the pump shaft. You can get an attachment like a huge flat head screw driver and set timing in a snap. Just pull it to TDC the knock the gear loose and use the tool to rotate the shaft and tighten it back up. 2nd is the oil line and 3rd is to cut some excess form the head so you can get to the pump mounting nuts easier. Give me a call when you get close and I will explain all of them.

I p pumped my 02 this past winter and i am like everyone else, i dont have a clue why i waited so long it runs so much smother now also.

That it is and such a joy to drive, i cant keep my foot out of it either.

A piece of metal sheet, two standoffs and 2 longer bolts is all it takes for the pointer, and it is a handy item. Warpig made a little tool for turning the pump that works well too.

Attachments

• 6.7 24.jpg
    6.7 24.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
I found a shot of my proposed shaft groove and tool. I could set timing in a few minutes on the old blue truck.

pumpshaft.jpg

tool.jpg

I found a shot of my proposed shaft groove and tool. I could set timing in a few minutes on the old blue truck.

pumpshaft.jpg

tool.jpg
That's what you were talking about pete. I was thinking something else. That's a damn good idea.

Good to hear.

A few things off the top of my head so I don't forget. First is a must, you put the engine at tdc and bold on a SBC timing pointer then scribe around it with whatever you can then take a very thin grinder or cutoff wheel and cut a slot on the end of the pump shaft. You can get an attachment like a huge flat head screw driver and set timing in a snap. Just pull it to TDC the knock the gear loose and use the tool to rotate the shaft and tighten it back up. 2nd is the oil line and 3rd is to cut some excess form the head so you can get to the pump mounting nuts easier. Give me a call when you get close and I will explain all of them.

A piece of metal sheet, two standoffs and 2 longer bolts is all it takes for the pointer, and it is a handy item. Warpig made a little tool for turning the pump that works well too.

Thanks Pete, Ron. Appreciate it.

pumpshaft.jpg

tool.jpg

I'm gonna get a Adjustable pump gear from Got torque. I like that idea. Nice work.

Last edited:
Good to hear.

Thanks Pete, Ron. Appreciate it.

I'm gonna get a Adjustable pump gear from Got torque. I like that idea. Nice work.

Chris put one on my truck last weekend because the timing slipped 2times in a row. Neat item, but be sure to change or modify the front cover so you can find the threaded holes that line up. Trying to do it with the bolts loosened and prying the cover over is a bit of a pain.

Chris put one on my truck last weekend because the timing slipped 2times in a row. Neat item, but be sure to change or modify the front cover so you can find the threaded holes that line up. Trying to do it with the bolts loosened and prying the cover over is a bit of a pain.

I was gonna get a cover from him too. Thanks for the advice.

Slipped beacuse of the design or you didn't have something tight enough?

A tool that a friend and I made for turning the pump from old pump nut, a 1/2" NF nut and 1/2" NF bolt. Weld the two nuts together, you screw it on to the end of the shaft, tighten the bolt (jam bolt), and now you can turn the pump either way with a 3/4" wrench. Not a big deal if you have an adjustable gear or the forethought to cut a slot in the end of the shaft before, but sure comes in handy on trucks that have never been monkeyed with. Pretty sure I seen the idea on here first, there might be pictures of it floating around.

Have fun, its scary...I need to call you tomorrow about that isspro ecu we talked about. I totally forgot about calling you.

Have fun, its scary...I need to call you tomorrow about that isspro ecu we talked about. I totally forgot about calling you.

Its cool. Leave me a message if I don't answer. I've been working in the shop building traction bars.

Slipped beacuse of the design or you didn't have something tight enough?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The stock setup slipped so we went with the adjustable gear so it wouldn't happen again.

Ron

You getting the plungers changed out?

Works just fine with stock 215 plungers. Dont waste the money and keep 181 dvs they will be more than enough. My pump is non bench with 181s and the barels have not been turned and plate almost all the way back. There is enough fuel with 6x.012s for 1000hp+. If you need help setting it up I can point you in the right direction I think........

Works just fine with stock 215 plungers. Dont waste the money and keep 181 dvs they will be more than enough. My pump is non bench with 181s and the barels have not been turned and plate almost all the way back. There is enough fuel with 6x.012s for 1000hp+. If you need help setting it up I can point you in the right direction I think........

Thanks Bud. I have been getting alot of PMs from guys on here offering help. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way, appreciate the offers. Thanks

Back