To Buy or Not To Buy 3rd gen?

nothing :eek:

I used to seek out the early trucks, but the benefits of the early trucks toss up with the benefits of the later trucks... you can't go wrong with any of the CR 5.9's IMO

I agree with that also!!! 05s and up had the better heads so I guess you would have to take the rods from a second gen a head from a 05 and up and the rest from a 03-04 to get a good deal.bif:Cheer:

Its a give and take relationship:lolly:

So im looking at another truck I found and come to find out its a 04.5 date of 8-04. What the hell is with the turn knob 4X4? They dont have the good old pull lever anymore? How reliable is that?

So im looking at another truck I found and come to find out its a 04.5 date of 8-04. What the hell is with the turn knob 4X4? They dont have the good old pull lever anymore? How reliable is that?

I got lever 4x4 on my '06, buddy has electric shift knob on his '05. No problems with either.

Tobin

I got lever 4x4 on my '06, buddy has electric shift knob on his '05. No problems with either.

Tobin

Thats weird!!!! Why did they switch to a turn knob? Is it something special or what.

It's just an option I guess. My 06 auto has the manual floor 4x4 shifter, where as a buddy of mine has the same truck with a 6 speed and he has the electronic 4x4. Kinda backwards if ya ask me.

all megas have the knob... I like it :eek:

Ya what happens when that little so call knob leaves you stranded because the electronics got wet:stab: Im not a fan of it, I like to know its engauged. then again there is always the stupid vacume coupler deal that actually engauges the front axle. Oh well not like im going mudding but things do have a tendency of letting you down when you need them most.

Ya what happens when that little so call knob leaves you stranded because the electronics got wet:stab: Im not a fan of it, I like to know its engauged. then again there is always the stupid vacume coupler deal that actually engauges the front axle. Oh well not like im going mudding but things do have a tendency of letting you down when you need them most.

I don't have a vacuum coupler...

and I don't go mudding or anything like that. the knob is very convenient. I agree that mechanical is the most reliable, but it's not even available in the mega cab

Back