Toolman's 11.34 CR run

Toolman

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just thought I would post this video and time slip . I made this run on 5/4 but didn't say anything because I wanted to see what everyone did at the TS event and was hoping to get a full out run there but scheduling prevented that.
I was spraying on this run, but it was the first and only run with the spray, so there is some tweaking left to do. The track was really slippery that night and I couldn't hook up at all as you can see by the 60' time. http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/549e41c7-d19b-464b-958c-993000887ccc.htm

Attachments

• OC Drag   5-4-07   Timeslip   11.34.jpg
    OC Drag 5-4-07 Timeslip 11.34.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
great run bruce, your 0 -60 is just as good as mine so i wouldent worry one bit. are you ready to cage it?:rules: :hehe:

DIESEL POWER said:
great run bruce, your 0 -60 is just as good as mine so i wouldent worry one bit. are you ready to cage it?:rules: :hehe:

I have thought about putting some kind of bar in it enough to make it legal to run , I use the truck every day for work and towing and I hate to do somthing that will turn it into strickly a race truck

DAMMIT BOY! That thing runs good! You best be gettin a bar in that thing.:rockwoot: I can imagine the look on the fabricators face... " Can you make the bar work with my 5er hitch please? I dont want my cage to get in the way of my trailer!" :hehe:

I love it, ole' toolman keeps her under wraps long enough to get to TS so he can call a few unsuspecting souls out for the slaughter. LOL You fellas watch this guy, he makes a whole lot more power than his post count indicates. :hehe:

I WAWNAH RIDE!

Get that sixty foot down in the 1.6's and you've got a run really close to a 10.

That's awesome man.

6 Point bars aren't too bad to put in a Quad Cab.

It can be relatively easily hidden to outside viewers.

Also with our trucks, and their times, you are allowed to use a swing-out door bar.

By using the swingout you have the ability to remove the door bar completely for daily use and reinstall for the track.

My opinion is that trucks should have bars starting in the 12.5 range.

But, I guess thats just me.

~Wes~

timeslip

what the hell were u lined up against? that a ford probe? it looked like it was hanging! nice pass by the way. Dusty builds some bad trannies.:ft: :clap:

Toolman said:
I have thought about putting some kind of bar in it enough to make it legal to run , I use the truck every day for work and towing and I hate to do somthing that will turn it into strickly a race truck
yea i said the same thing..............

sootman said:
what the hell were u lined up against? that a ford probe? it looked like it was hanging! nice pass by the way. Dusty builds some bad trannies.:ft: :clap:

Dusty builds the best trannies! That is about 90% of why this truck runs as fast as it does. You can make all the power you want but if you can't put it on the ground what good is it? Also a special thanks to Dan at PPE for a great duel fueler set up and Jon at J & L machineing for working with me on the injectors.
That car was a 4wd eagle talon, very fast. After the race a bunch of guys came up too me and congratulated me on beating him and said that was the fastest street car in the South Bend area. That was the best time he had ever ran too !

DIESEL POWER said:
yea i said the same thing..............

It's too bad sombody don't make a bar/cage set up that could be removable so when your not at the track you woudn't have to have it. It would probably be hard to have something strong enough though .

I have an Idea.............

Wade V. Toolman Deathmatch in Indy???????? :woohoo:

Timbeaux38 said:
Wade V. Toolman Deathmatch in Indy???????? :woohoo:
thats not fair............. he has a 600 motor and rpm's.:rules: im slapping the revlimiter at 1,000 feet.(3700 rpm):what: plus it would not be a death match, bruce and i talk almost everyday were accually friends..............:hehe: :hehe:

but if i get my cracked injector fixed soon i wouldent mind:poke:

Toolman said:
It's too bad sombody don't make a bar/cage set up that could be removable so when your not at the track you woudn't have to have it. It would probably be hard to have something strong enough though .

Making it strong enough wouldn't be the big issue.

The issue is making it NHRA legal.

According to NHRA it must be fully welded and not "bolted in"

The only removable part is the door bar.

I've rolled one of these over a wall before and it was not fun. If you blow a tire, lose the wrong suspension part, blow a headgasket, blow a freeze plug, blow up a tranny, blow a transfer case, blow a rearend, among many other possibilities; then you could very well put one of these on it's roof.

Keep it in mind.

By the way. The one I rolled was a lowered 2wd. Not a full height 4WD.

This is the reason my 06 is normal and I built my half ton to really play hardball. Here's a shot of the cage before the dash went in.

~Wes~

100_0491.jpg

Signature600 said:
How does he have more RPM? I though all the CR's were stuck at 3700??

Chris

I don't think wade meant RPM. I think he meant MPH.

I may be wrong. But, I think Wade had 4.10 gears. I may be thinking of someone else.

~Wes~

DIESEL POWER said:
thats not fair............. he has a 600 motor and rpm's.:rules: im slapping the revlimiter at 1,000 feet.(3700 rpm):what: plus it would not be a death match, bruce and i talk almost everyday were accually friends..............:hehe: :hehe:

but if i get my cracked injector fixed soon i wouldent mind:poke:

Wade, if you are skeered, say you are skeered LOL

Back