Toolman's 11.34 CR run

McRat said:
Congrats!! :rockwoot: Guess dem CR's ain't the dyno queens the 12v guys were claiming! :D

The money thing is a beetch. Our family hobby is racing, and money nearly stopped us. We used to race a Corvette extensively, and when it broke about $30k worth of parts in a year (3 rears, 2 trans, 1 engine), we moved to trucks to save money. RIIIGGHHTT~!

Our attempt at a fix was to start to sell race stuff part time. It doesn't make money, it just makes us able to afford to keep racing on our regular paychecks. And it's certainly not a solution for everyone. Sponsorship is a toughy. I have shops that assist us by getting us parts at dealer price, but I am wary of being "owned" by anyone, and my back is giving out which stops me from bending over to kiss ass easily. If I was shorter, perhaps.

The rollbar issue is really the breaking point. I used to love my truck, but after the rollbar, I just "like" my truck. It really is a PITA. I liked my cargo area behind the seats, I liked being able to haul the kids around, and I REALLY liked my 10-way power leather seats. I miss them.

But it is cool when you pull back around into lanes after a pass, and a dozen folk swarm your truck. WTF WAS THAT???? :D

But you probably will get a rollbar. What happens is that you get kicked off your local tracks after you run under the number a couple of times, you get pissed, and git-er-dun. Caution, if you have someone do it, make sure they have done trucks, and ask to see one they've done. I'm not entirely pleased with the bar in Casper. But I love how the bar was done in our Vette. Night and day difference.

Again, CONGRATS!!!

:tree:

Thanks for the congrats , Congrats to you too! You have that Duramax just screaming , it seems like everytime I look at one of your post you are going faster. It is good to hear from sombody that has been there,making the decisions of wether to cage it or not . My truck is a Larmie with all the gadgets on it heated power seats . Gosh if I get rid of all that crap I can probably run 10"s decisions, decisions !!

TopFueler said:
Nice runs! Keep it going faster. Common rail is on the move.

Thanks Brady
We keep trying new stuff but I think I have about hit the wall with the Silver Bullet . It needs more air now, and a few more RPM'S , You guys build a heck of a turbo!!

Toolman We have a new turbo that is much larger. It is on our race truck and is being installed right now on a few trucks heading to Indy. We are looking to be there also. That turbo WILL take you up in hp. We can spool it no problem with our 1800rpm stall Torq.

moss said:
*cough, cough:Throwup: :Throwup: * there you go!:hehe:

That's just what you cheby guys are hoping it sounds like:hehe: I am sure it will be beautifull music :ft:

TopFueler said:
Toolman We have a new turbo that is much larger. It is on our race truck and is being installed right now on a few trucks heading to Indy. We are looking to be there also. That turbo WILL take you up in hp. We can spool it no problem with our 1800rpm stall Torq.
is this the 80+mm turbo we talked about?

TopFueler said:

If it is anything like the bullet I am sure it will be awsome I have one of the very first bullets made and it has been very impresive.
I have talked to you and your boys on the phone quite often and I am looking forward to meeting all of you at Indy, I think I owe you a cold one or two for sending me that fuel rail when mine blew ! Thanks again !!

Last edited:
Toolman said:
If it is anything like the bullet I am sure it will be awasome I have one of the very first bullets made and it has been very impresive.
I have talked to you and your boys on the phone quite often and I am looking forward to meeting all of you at Indy,
you wont have to look too hard, they wear flip flops and Hawaii shirts.:hehe: :hehe:

Back