Top Gun Raceway- Fallon Nevada May 30th

So Friday night, we can put some passes down maybe? I am staying the night in Reno. So I guess I will have to just hope my truck is ready to make passes the following morning.

cannot wait to race, does anyone know if i can sign up for NHRDA at the track?

Yes they always have a big tent. Ladies who run it are great. They will be there early. Probably not till race day however,

As far as I know we won't be at the track until first thing in the morning before the gates open. But yes you will be able to sign up at the track :rockwoot:

I heard TJSHOTROD is going to be there to sign autographs and take pictures with the kids :poke:

ok well i'll see yall there. hey beave what you gonna tune up your truck before your drag?

So Friday night, we can put some passes down maybe? I am staying the night in Reno. So I guess I will have to just hope my truck is ready to make passes the following morning.

According to TG's website and Randy, there are no Friday night T&Ts until June 12th.

Jim

with the kind of RT's most guys get on pro tree's i can compete with alot of guys running deep 11's . i saw alot of .3-.7 rt's before :hehe:

On a .400 pro tree, I'm happy with a .1xx.

Funny how a 12.0 truck can win in Super street and pro street if the luck is there, but happens quite a bit. Getting to the finals without breaking is the biggest thing when running trucks in the 11 second and faster range.

I'd also like the see a class for the 11.5-12.5 trucks(and diesel cars). Needs to be 11.5 and slower for the everyday drivers without a roll bar, IMHO.

Trent, the Billings event is a blast, I highly recommend it. The Boise event that is the same week of Fallon is nothing compared to a NHRDA event.

ok well i'll see yall there. hey beave what you gonna tune up your truck before your drag?

Why would I do that, no point to tune the yard sale when riles wont be bring his horse and buggy :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Why would I do that, no point to tune the yard sale when riles wont be bring his horse and buggy :hehe::hehe::hehe:

I'll bring my horse and buggy, run you in valet mode with the blown intercooler and no O.D. and still spank you like your cub scout leader used to :shake:

I heard if you have a 13 second or below truck.You can't run unless you have a driveshaft loop. That is what NHDRA rules say. That is of course on street tires. I don't have any drive shaft loops yet.

So does that mean I won't be able to compete?

I heard if you have a 13 second or below truck.You can't run unless you have a driveshaft loop. That is what NHDRA rules say. That is of course on street tires. I don't have any drive shaft loops yet.

I believe that is a mistake. Street tires and loops not required until 11.5 IIRC

I believe Rob is correct. The only exception might be if you are running slicks. I don't have access to an NHRA rule book so I can't say for sure. I run DOT slicks and have loops, more for safety than anything else. I've never been asked at tech if I have loops.

Jim

Ken and I thrashed on the Max'd Out truck all this week to get it ready for this event. I have to be at home and Nathan will be running the controls.

I can't wait to see if all this hard work pays off while running on street tires.

The truck should tear the old S.S. record apart.

Ken and I thrashed on the Max'd Out truck all this week to get it ready for this event. I have to be at home and Nathan will be running the controls.

I can't wait to see if all this hard work pays off while running on street tires.

The truck should tear the old S.S. record apart.

thats cool Rob still sad i couldnt make it but will see you guys in Billings for shure .best of luck on the event :rockwoot:

got some new goodies coming for the truck ! better bring your A game and hope the LBZ can handle the old LB7 :hehe::hehe:

Interesting but short day for Max'd Out at Fallon. Tried a middle tune that Rob built to test new suspension and try to dial it in. Nathan ran a 10.38 on the new Street MT drag radials, 132.84. Kind of hot lapped and came around launching soft and went 10.80, 131. Something was rattling bad when we got the truck back to the pits. It's something in the drive train, think we have a pretty good idea, but won't speak out till we know for sure. Don't think it is too serious, will have to see when we get it tore down.

fallon went well... other than the fact that jim calhoun beat me on the first elimination race, kind of a bummer.. but had fun

fallon went well... other than the fact that jim calhoun beat me on the first elimination race, kind of a bummer.. but had fun

You did well for your first big show :clap: and Jim has eliminated many with more experience than you so dont be too hard on yourself.

Back