Train Horns

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
:ugh: - HHHHHOOOOOONNNNNKK! if you've got em!!

:ylsuper: And give us a description of your setup!:thankyou2:

Which one's did you end up going with? Buell's? or another?

How large capacity tank you install?

Compressor? Elec.? or belt driven?

:rockwoot: :ylsuper:

I don't have train horns but do have 30" and 25" Grovers

You can see the install here:
http://www.truckblog.com/story-792-howto_install_gauges_and_air_horns

1711.jpg

Elec. compressor huh?? I was told that they can't keep up a continuous blast, for when ya really want to lean onto it?

The air in the tank is enough for a pretty long continuous blast...once the psi drops to 110 the compressor kicks back on. Depending on what the psi has dropped to will determine how long it will take to fill back up...usually a minute or two unless you totally drain it...which I have never done yet.

I have punished a few people with some long blasts..its pretty funny watching them go into what is best described as an "epileptic fit". I call it performing a public service by using negative reinforcement on bad drivers.

Last edited:
Mine are just the 3 horns small tank and compressor from hornblasters. Very loud and can hold a good long burst, though it fades quickly after 15 sec or so. The only downer is how huge they are. I had to get creative on the install location.

Attachments

• P2220001 (2).JPG
    P2220001 (2).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 122
i have a K3H train horn by Nathan Air chime. its an actual locamotive train horn that came off a locamotive. its 3 horns mounted on a manifold. when i get my damm digi cam working i'll take some pics and post it.

I just got a set of P3 Nathans....haven't mpounted them yet but they'll be rn off a nitrogen tank getting 300 PSI.

no pics but i bought a 3 trumpet air horn on ebay similar to rttoys set-up...mounted them behind my custom front bumper, in my tool box (locked and protected from weather) i mounted a Viair 450c compressor, and 5 gallon stainless polished air tank. i also run on-board air from the tank for filling tires when i pull the jeeps and go 4 wheeling etc.

i can blast for 30 seconds or more from a full tank (150psi) and it doesnt loose any sound. my compressor kicks on at 110 and will refill the tank in a minute or so. for the horn which has an electric solenoid attached, i mounted a cheapo generic starter button from autozone. and then i also put my compressor on a toggle so i can turn it off if i ever spring an air leak without cutting any wires

ok.......i installed my train horns, and man do i LOVE THEM!!!
i drive around honking at people and there like WTF. either they jump. or look around in confusion wondering were did that train noise come from. :woohoo:

i'm runing a Viair 400C 150 PSI air compressor. 5 gallon air tank. and Nathan Airchime K3HA train horns. as soon as i get a pic or a video of me blasting it i'll post it. yesterday me and a buddy of mine went to the races and we blasted the horns alot.

i highly recommend to anyone who wants to scare someone else

enjoy

Attachments

• houses pics1105 245.jpg
    houses pics1105 245.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 136
  • houses pics1105 244.jpg
    houses pics1105 244.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 115
  • houses pics1105 246.jpg
    houses pics1105 246.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 77
House just won the "Who has the biggest" part of this thread :D

House, you just need to donate a few of those to a poor redneck who NEEDS more noise :D :D :D

here is a pic of my train horn set up......i took it with my camera phone

hopes u guys like ........

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 135
UNBROKEN said:
I just got a set of P3 Nathans....haven't mpounted them yet but they'll be rn off a nitrogen tank getting 300 PSI.

So are you going to have to refill that tank yourself or is it going to have an onboard pump like all the others? If not how long will that one tank last you and are you paying for the Nitro??

I am not sure how the nitrogen set up works??

sorry guys... i must be a dork.... i hooked the #1 upfitter to the red on the compressor and one side of my elec. silenoid. then the other 1/2 of the silenoid to one side of my button and the other side of the button to the ground. also, the other side of the compressor to ground. i have 12v at the compressor and nothing runs??? any info one may have for me....thanks

Back