Train Horns

I don't know how many dbs my horns have but they are louder than an actual train. Have tested it several times. I have two sets of horns, three a piece for a total of six horns. I have two six gallons air tanks and a 1.5hp Airzenithe compressor. It's all mounted undernith the truck. I have a toggle switch inside the truck. I can blast the horns just like the stock one or flip the toggle switch and honk my stock horns. When my alarm goes off so do the train horns. By the way the horns are mage by a company called G&G.

house said:

House how many gallon tank is that your running on that system. the setup on my truck just has a 3 gallon tank and it dont blow long at all. That is the wildest system Ive ever seen. are those horns the triple trumpet ones?

its about a 20 gallon home made tank, itll last min half till full drained sometimes longer, yes 3 sets of the tripple trumpets

is this a little overkill
BillsChev.jpg

what is the point of mounting your horns backwards I think its dumb and pointless

I have one set of three facing back and one set of three facing forward. Thinking of adding a lrger airtank and another set of horns.

cahammer said:
what is the point of mounting your horns backwards I think its dumb and pointless
I guess you dont have a problem with tailgaters? LOL LOL Blastem with the horn then roal some coal.

On a serious note it helps make the tone be heard if ya have more than one set, and some mount em that way as to not allow debris to get inside them...

one thing is for sure....dont get house pissed off on the road

Poor little old ladies that he's behind....one toot at them and they'll have a heartattack and fall over

yeah i got to ride in houses truck in indy last year with the tailgate up and the back window open. "does anyone have some excedrin":rockwoot:

I mean come on.....If its not one thing its another.....All this talk about train horns and I think im going to have to follow.

Note to self...Add train horns to list of things to buy:bang

Thanks Dan..nothing like putting pressure on me:soap:

Robts said:
Thanks Dan..nothing like putting pressure on me:soap:

No problem :Cheer:

I have some Donahoe Racing new proprietary leaf springs coming too :D
Thinking about some other stuff too....:shake:

yeah i have found many different horns out there and some with sound clips which doesnt do them justice , but a good horn can cost some good money and i dont know where to draw the line on that one. $.02

I've heard the 3000D on Bear Hunter's truck:

http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/train/train.html

He hit the thing multiple times when he was here, as did my buddy who was pulling it into the bay to get it on the two post lift. They have a real nice sound.

I went a cheaper route and bought mine off of ebay....the sound clip sounded good :D

http://stores.ebay.com/Siege-Engineering-Equipment

I got the Hammer 4 w/GMax valve. They have a sound clip on their page.
I had to try them for the price.

I've got my Nathans...still sitting on the floor.
K3LA's if anyone wants to haggle...they're going for a grand on Hornblasters...and real close to that on ebay...so don't come cheap.

Last edited:
UNBROKEN said:
I've got my Nathans...still sitting on the floor.
K3LA's if anyone wants to haggle...they're going for a grand on Hornblasters...and real close to that on ebay...so don't come cheap.

I'll trade ya a 05-07 front bumper cut up for the lights :D

Lights are separate.....as is the paint..... :)

Back