Tried a Jetta

biggy238

Well, I had myself talked into shopping for a Jetta A5 TDi. I stopped in a lot knowing I had better find out if I even fit in the car before I do any serious looking. We cruise the lot, find an MK5 (knockoff?) Jetta that has huffs and the GLI grille. My plan all along was to buy the car and have the grille swapped to the GLI front end and put on hufeisens.
We jump out and investigate this car as the sales lady comes across the lot to speak to us. I told her I was in town for business and wanted to check the car out without the wife. She offered to get the keys and I said sure. We unlock the doors and she immediately went to slide the seat back. It was back already, maxxed out even. A flurry of thoughts shot through my mind on how to get my 6'4, non petite ass into that car. After getting one leg in, popping a hip like a shotgun, and smacking my head on the pillar, I crank my head over to look back out to see my friend Derek nearly in tears, silentlly wincing in laughter behind this poor woman, who has a look of horror on her face as if she would have to call ems to extract my whale ass from this gokart. Halfheartedly knowing I would have trouble before we got to the lot, I had to fight off my own laughter to not concern the saleswoman anymore than she already was.
I didn't have the heart to investigate any further, but I would like to know if there is any damn thing to do to one of those cars to accomodate a large frame individual? The issue was really that the seat bottom was too high and I couldn't find the lever to lean back, which would have had me in the rear seat anyway.

there you have it, passat haha, im 6'2'' and built pretty solid LOL i cant fit in a jetta hardly at all. passat's fit me MUCH better

The seat recline is a large knob at the juncture of back and bottom, if not power seats the seat has a lever on the side that will move it up and down. You have to go all the way up before it will come down.

A coworker of mine is 6' 2" and 300+lbs and fits fairly good in mine. Being 5' 10" I have no issues, one instance where it is nice to not be large LOL

i got a good laugh out of that man. im not big by no means,.
My wifes got a 03 ozark lancer i hate that car. when ever we go somewheres we take my truck, shes a small frame girl, she likes the car its paid for, i asked her if we could get her another one. She told me NO she likes her little car so i said enough said

I'm 6'2" and about 220. Not to heavy. I have my seat in my golf all the way leaned back and the seat one notch forward works perfectly for me. Or course there is no room in the back seat. On a side not I filled mine up for the first time since I got it and got 43mpg with all city driving. I'm not the nicest to it also I think.
I find that it needs a little more power after half throttle.
Mike

I love my 06 tdi. Im 6'3" 220 and I fit fine with two kids in the back of mine.

6'2" 250 ish... lol

Fit my 02 Golf TDI just fine... In fact, the seat goes back too far for my liking..

one word, cardio

One word, juvenile

A crown vic isn't the fuel-mizing idea I had. Maybe I'll revisit the jetta later this week. Curious about the 07 camry.

6'2" 250 ish... lol

Fit my 02 Golf TDI just fine... In fact, the seat goes back too far for my liking..

X2 I dont drive with the seat all the way back because I feel it goes to far back also. I have ours for sale locally if your interested.:poke: Not looking to make anything on it just wanting to get out of the payment so I can build the new truck.:woohoo:

X2 I dont drive with the seat all the way back because I feel it goes to far back also. I have ours for sale locally if your interested.:poke: Not looking to make anything on it just wanting to get out of the payment so I can build the new truck.:woohoo:

Details...

I'm looking to get into a TDI... Whatcha got and whatcha want for it???

Back