Triple CP's

Subman631

Rob and Nathan were busy last nite installing the triple cp set up we've had on the shelf this summer. The lastest injectors are big enough to start to effect rail pressure so they installed the third pump, something that Nathan has been wanting to do since we got the controller made by ATS earlier this summer. Rob will have it on the track at Firebird with the slicks this Saturday.

Attachments

• 1008091500a.jpg
    1008091500a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 415
o now thats just sweet....... must get pics of smoke show that comes with these.............

That's awesome! Was hoping to see you run those slicks at the NHRDA event, but it didn't work out. Rob was driving the S**T out of the truck on Saturday. I loved the 4 wheel burnout that lasted at least 100ft off the line. As we were getting the WOP dragster lined up, I looked over and saw the burnout marks that drifted a few feet to the left out of the groove. That truck is a beast, can't wait to hear the numbers you guys hit with the slicks and more fuel!!!

Jared

That's awesome! Was hoping to see you run those slicks at the NHRDA event, but it didn't work out. Rob was driving the S**T out of the truck on Saturday. I loved the 4 wheel burnout that lasted at least 100ft off the line. As we were getting the WOP dragster lined up, I looked over and saw the burnout marks that drifted a few feet to the left out of the groove. That truck is a beast, can't wait to hear the numbers you guys hit with the slicks and more fuel!!!

Jared

Thanks Jered, good to see you guys getting that dragster going. Ken

how big of a firehose are you running?

Why not just move up to 2 stage 4's or something from john or II ?

Are you now doing and under drive of these two top pumps to run more efficiently in the higher rpm band?

They stock or modded pumps?

stock pumps will test them this weekend and see what needs to be done to get enough fuel at the higher rpm's.

Ken do you have the truck in Bend? You gotta take me for a ride! LOL Can't wait to see what kinda track times you make now.

It is a lot more bang for the buck running stock pumps. We will have a controller made for 3 pumps before to long. The ATS controller wasn't made specifically made for this but we are going to see if it will work. Rob will fire the truck today to see if it's going to work.

I didn't under drive the pumps. I didn't think I could get a belt long enough to run much bigger pulley's unless it is special made (Duramax run a 6 rib belt and the Dodge run 8 rib). As it is right now I will most likely go back and change a few of the idlers to get more wrap on the alternator. If I can make the idlers small enough to go bigger on the pulleys, using the same belt, then I will have some larger pulley's made. Right now they are running 1:1.

Are there longer belts available in 8-rib? If so, is it possible to make 8-rib pulleys for all of the DMax accessories? Then you could make the CP3 pulleys underdrive? Just thinking out loud. :D

C-ya

You can get 8 rib belts longer. I'm not sure it is worth it to make all the pulleys to convert over but if it came to that I'm sure it could be done. You'd need about a 9.75" pulley to slow it down 25%. So that's roughly 2" larger diameter. I can measure things and see if it will clear the hood and and everything else. If it can then I can worry about belt routing and length.

Ken do you have the truck in Bend? You gotta take me for a ride! LOL Can't wait to see what kinda track times you make now.

No, truck is in Boise and will stay in Boise this winter. Have a nice heated shop there and will be doing additional modifications on it this winter. MY 06 that we just finished will be here however. It has almost the same engine as the race truck engines, does have Mahle cast pistons instead of forged, they are custom cut. Turbos are the second set we ran on the race truck, and injectors are much smaller only 50% over for now. We'll see how the Allison that Big Dipper built for it holds up and maybe up the injector size. I'm looking for a daily driver that will run in the high 10's with the wick turned up.

No, truck is in Boise and will stay in Boise this winter. Have a nice heated shop there and will be doing additional modifications on it this winter. MY 06 that we just finished will be here however. It has almost the same engine as the race truck engines, does have Mahle cast pistons instead of forged, they are custom cut. Turbos are the second set we ran on the race truck, and injectors are much smaller only 50% over for now. We'll see how the Allison that Big Dipper built for it holds up and maybe up the injector size. I'm looking for a daily driver that will run in the high 10's with the wick turned up.

Sound like one hell of a ride. You still keeping it "sleeper" looking like that 01 I think it was?:st:

Sound like one hell of a ride. You still keeping it "sleeper" looking like that 01 I think it was?:st:

This one is a bit stealthy looking. Totally debaged, all white including the mirrors, bumpers and door handles, considering painting the grill too. Have a cover over the bed. Has a roll pan, is totally down on the T-bars. A very nice and difficult to see roll bar same color as the interior with removable side bars. I'll will run stock 265 wheels on it driving it around, MT drag radials on the strip with the same wheels that TrentNell runs. Over each rear wheel there is a very subtle WHITE OUT in a silver ghost lettering. That's what I named it.

Triple pumps were done a long time ago. I think Kyle had those at least 2 or 3 years ago.

Attachments

• DSCN0333.jpg
    DSCN0333.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 247
Back