Triple CP's

I don't think it makes any right now Opie think Kyle is in the middle of a different project if what I heard is correct.

They weren't needed? So how much hp does the suppose'ed ex triple CP3 truck make that it doesn't need the extra CP3?
Well if you can maintain rail pressure with 2, that tells me the 3rd wasn't needed. So it doesn't matter if it makes 4000hp or 400. And it ran 3 for most of a year but put back to 2 to make room for other things, so yes they do work but you can add 6 pumps but rail pressure is rail pressure. If subman needs 3 to maintain good for him, I'm not knocking the setup, it's just not new.

Well if you can maintain rail pressure with 2, that tells me the 3rd wasn't needed. So it doesn't matter if it makes 4000hp or 400. And it ran 3 for most of a year but put back to 2 to make room for other things, so yes they do work but you can add 6 pumps but rail pressure is rail pressure. If subman needs 3 to maintain good for him, I'm not knocking the setup, it's just not new.

Who said it was new?

2 stock pumps are not getting it done for us. Don't hate the guys working on making something faster. Send me 2 modded pumps and I'll test those also.

Yawn... Obviously they didn't.

How did they run for a complete 2007 season and "Obviously" not work?

One was taken off for 2008 season for a rule change in the class back to 3" single where OBVIOUSLY you don't need 3 cp3's, as you do at the level that Subman's truck is at now or I was at with compounds in 06 and 07. 1000HP is attainable all day long with 2, and it is OBVIOUS that Submans truck is going over that mark, hence probably running into rail pressure issues.

I don't know you at all opie, but be careful whos junk you say OBVIOUSLY didn't work....

The drag racing season is over for us, Rob took the truck and raced it in the Halloween Classic in Boise this last weekend. Racing in the pro division of brackets against fast gasser both door slammers and dragsters. He and Nathan had installed the triple CP set up that Nathan had fabbed up this past summer because we are losing rail pressure toward the end of the track with the bigger injectors we now have in the truck. Unfortunately, Rob couldn't get the line from the third cp to seal and instead of taking a chance and fuelling down the track and giving diesels a bad name in front of all those gassers he worked most of the night and put the dual cp set up back on.

Congratulations team Max'd Out on a good season! One of the few diesel only powered drag racers, hopefully you can keep it that way!

Thanks Kyle, we will keep it fuel only. Not sure how much more we can get out of Max'd Out at it's weight and make it live. Maybe a 150 hp or so if we can get the triple set up on line and dialed in. That would give us something in the the neighborhood of 1300 hp.

One was taken off for 2008 season for a rule change in the class back to 3" single where OBVIOUSLY you don't need 3 cp3's, as you do at the level that Subman's truck is at now or I was at with compounds in 06 and 07. 1000HP is attainable all day long with 2, and it is OBVIOUS that Submans truck is going over that mark, hence probably running into rail pressure issues.

I don't know you at all opie, but be careful whos junk you say OBVIOUSLY didn't work....

QUOTE]

Good for you Kyle. The original point of this thread is in reguards to running three CP3's. You had three but didn't make enough hp to need them, thats nice and all I guess. So OBVIOUSLY your triple setup didn't work as I never heard anything about you making any serious hp.

As for what ever I have to be careful for do tell.

I'd venture a guess that the folks that helped or did the triples for Kyle, also did the control elec. for the triple on Maxed Out. Hence his (Kyle's) warning on who you all might be insinuating junk might not have worked. Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you. ;) Purple-parts company if I were a bettin man. :D

Yawn... Obviously they didn't.

He and Nathan had installed the triple CP set up that Nathan had fabbed up this past summer because we are losing rail pressure toward the end of the track with the bigger injectors we now have in the truck. Unfortunately, Rob couldn't get the line from the third cp to seal and instead of taking a chance and fuelling down the track and giving diesels a bad name in front of all those gassers he worked most of the night and put the dual cp set up back on.

Good for you Kyle. The original point of this thread is in reguards to running three CP3's. You had three but didn't make enough hp to need them, thats nice and all I guess. So OBVIOUSLY your triple setup didn't work as I never heard anything about you making any serious hp.

As for what ever I have to be careful for do tell.

I Love it, you have no idea. Yeah I just put them on there because I love things that look cool but have no point.

I'd venture a guess that the folks that helped or did the triples for Kyle, also did the control elec. for the triple on Maxed Out. Hence his (Kyle's) warning on who you all might be insinuating junk might not have worked. Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you. ;) Purple-parts company if I were a bettin man. :D

Sorry this is incorrect.

ATS made our controller.

I knew that and knew that Kyle had a good relationship with ATS back then and thought maybe they made his controller and perhaps whole triple setup but I assumed incorrectly apparently. I got no business being in this chat anyways. Sorry for butting in. :doh:

Now where were we... If a guy were to ask Don for a set of them water hoses you all have for injectors, do they have a name? :D

I Love it, you have no idea. Yeah I just put them on there because I love things that look cool but have no point.

Thats is how it looks to me as there was a 1000 hp truck using twin CP3's like two years before you did the triple CP3's, the ones that obviously must not of worked.

Back