Triple turbo build thread

r-rated diesel

I finally decided to go ahead and build a triple turbo setup for my truck. I decided to go with a fmw s467.7/83/1.1 t4 as my secondary and I'm going to use two s366/73/.88 t4 turbos as my primaries. I am using a 1" spacer with a jgs waste gate between the t4 stainless manifold and the s467. The waste gate will be set to open at 30psi and it will dump into the hotpipe. If boost gets out of hand I will add another waste gate to the hotpipe and just dump it into the atmosphere. I will be slow with this build due to my health issues but I have always enjoyed following other guys build threads so I thought I'd post pictures as I build. Here they are out of the box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
Here's what I got done today. Since the manifold is flipped down I built the gate plate to come out toward the block and 90 back toward the fire wall. The gate will just point straight toward the hotpipe. It will be all nice and hidden.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
I look forward to seeing this build. What numbers are you hoping to see?

Thanks guys. Yes this is going on my 07 5.9. It has exergy 250% over injectors, PPE dual cp3, dual fass 150s, efi live, and the bottom end is getting a set of worked over 12v rods and a girdle. Just a short list of some of the other stuff on the truck before anyone asks lol.

The injectors are new and I haven't ran them yet. I'm worried I'm gonna need a lot more cp3s..

I am running dual cp3s. I have been kicking around the idea of building a triple cp3 setup after the turbo setup is done.

I just build a set of compounds for my dmax. I contemplated triples but got a good deal on my 88mm atmo charger. Should be able to test drive it this afternoon. Good luck with the build man, it is a blast making everything fit/work together. Really pays off when you step back and look at it knowing you built it.

20150331_175701_zpsijfwhj04.jpg

Last edited:
I think you're going to want to stick a set of Carrillo's in it instead of 12v rods LOL

Either way, i'm sure it will be sick when you're done with it! And hope you get to feeling better.

FWIW my 225% over injectors are supplied by 2 stock cp3's and a FASS 220 w/ no issues.

I just build a set of compounds for my dmax. I contemplated triples but got a good deal on my 88mm atmo charger. Should be able to test drive it this afternoon. Good luck with the build man, it is a blast making everything fit/work together. Really pays off when you step back and look at it knowing you built it.

Thanks man. I really enjoy building my own turbo setups. I like doing it my way and saving money. Haha

I think you're going to want to stick a set of Carrillo's in it instead of 12v rods LOL

Either way, i'm sure it will be sick when you're done with it! And hope you get to feeling better.

FWIW my 225% over injectors are supplied by 2 stock cp3's and a FASS 220 w/ no issues.

I seen a cr go 9.22 @152mph with a set of 12v rodsLOL
If I bend one then I'll shell out the coin for a set of billet rods.
That's great to hear about your two stock pumps keeping up! Makes me feel a little better.

May want to consider a set of aftermarket rods...R&R is our "off the shelf" choice, however Carillos are good too!

edit: looks like you addressed the rod concern

Last edited:
I seen a cr go 9.22 @152mph with a set of 12v rodsLOL
If I bend one then I'll shell out the coin for a set of billet rods.
That's great to hear about your two stock pumps keeping up! Makes me feel a little better.

Heard that!

Also keep in mind though, he went 9.22 with a big single, high rpm, and *nx*. With the triples, and how fast those things will come on in the rpm range, i think you'd be money ahead throwing in good rods to begin with, but again, there's several ways to skin a cat, and i'm sure it will all look and perform awesome!

Heard that!

Also keep in mind though, he went 9.22 with a big single, high rpm, and *nx*. With the triples, and how fast those things will come on in the rpm range, i think you'd be money ahead throwing in good rods to begin with, but again, there's several ways to skin a cat, and i'm sure it will all look and perform awesome!

Hospital bills are tell me no for now:/ I'm hoping tuning the power to come in later in the rpms smoothly will help me out.

I bought a tight 90 to go on the end of the s467 compressor housing and a vband for both the inlet and outlet of the housing. I don't want any worries of boots blowing off and trashing one of the chargers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back