truck hops when i let the clutch out

7inchstack

diesel dork
okay so everytime i let the clutch out, the rear end of my truck hops really bad. i put traction bars on with no help what so ever. just had my rear driveshaft rebuilt, new midshift bearing and all. i dont no what else could cause this, maybe blown shocks? or could it be the rubber tranny mount worn. the trucks got 32,000 miles with a smarty and SB 3600 DD, and it only has 2 1/2 inches of lift out back. any ideas guys? i cant deal with driving this thing anymore.

2nd. it feels like theres alot of slop in the drive train, like when i let the clutch out its loading then unloading ect ect. it just dosnt sound or seem like its very good for the truck.

Mine does it to with traction bars. My guess is, they arent loaded, just non-adjustable bars. Even thugh they are in there, there is still slop!!!

i used to get a lot of axle hop when i would take off or reverse... someone told me it felt more like the clutch was slipping? i replaced the clutch but ended up putting hot spots in it and it does the same damn thing, so... fml.

also, the axle hop and driveline slop issues are two separate issues in my truck... the slop certainly makes the bouncing takeoffs more frustrating, but i can make it slop while in gear, throttling and un-throttling. the hop/shudder only happens when engaging/disengaging the clutch. i says that because it seems like you may have both also, but you're kinda describing them as the same thing. do you have one issue, or both?

i used to get a lot of axle hop when i would take off or reverse... someone told me it felt more like the clutch was slipping? i replaced the clutch but ended up putting hot spots in it and it does the same damn thing, so... fml.

also, the axle hop and driveline slop issues are two separate issues in my truck... the slop certainly makes the bouncing takeoffs more frustrating, but i can make it slop while in gear, throttling and un-throttling. the hop/shudder only happens when engaging/disengaging the clutch. i says that because it seems like you may have both also, but you're kinda describing them as the same thing. do you have one issue, or both?

mainly just when i let the clutch out it hops, although when i let on and off the throttle while driving it feels a little slopy, not bad tho.

will these not work?

Attachments

• traction.jpg
    traction.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 0
  • traction1.jpg
    traction1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
Mine hops alot too not when pulling out though. but I can not smoke the tires cuz the axle will just hop. Took to the drag strip once. Pulled out in 3rd gen and had hop almost half way down the track.

U might need to check ur lift block line up pins jepling on here did the same thing and he found the lift block line up pin was sheared and so he ended up puttin the truck back to stock level.Cuz I bought his lift lol

hmm ill check it in the morning. im open to all ideas guys! i just need to figure this out.

u have air bags??? if so that would contribute as well as the blocks and bar design

Back